Brisbane and Adelaide accommodation?

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hi folks,

I know this is an odd request on an Adelaide website..but I feel I know you guys better than anywhere else I've been (website wise).

Anyways..were travelling in July to Australia (on a reccie)...with a week in Brisbane and two weeks in Adelaide. We still need to book up self catering apartments in both locations to be honest.

Is it better to be located city centre Brisbane, South Brisbane?..bearing in mind we want to head to Warner Bros. wet and wile etc.

Equally important where we go in Adelaide. We'll hire a car here, for sure, to see as much as we can :-))))

I'd really appreciate any insider info. here if it's possible. We're obviously trawling the internet..but it always helps if someone's been there and done it..so to speak. We're not fussy folk and don't need 5* accommodation to be honest. Clean is enough, basic we can live with...but something nicer..then yeh..what the heck! we're very versatile :-)

Catch you later..and hope you can help.

Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab
Hi,

If you want the theme parks then you want the gold coast as Brisbane City is about an hour away.

heres a link for the accomodation we are staying in at christmas http://www.barbadosbroadbeach.com.au

If you need accomodation in adeliade check our ours and Tykes accomodation websites

Thanks for the link. I'll pass it onto OH who is getting very excited about it all :-)

Carol Ann

We stayed in Brisbane & the Gold Coast, it is easier to get the theme parks from the Gold Coast. We simply hired a car for the time we were in both places - you'll have fun.

I can recommend where we stayed though, it that helps. We booked on the net from the UK they were both very easy to do & the service was excellent:

BRISBANE - Oaks North Quay <northquay@theoaksgroup.com.au>

GOLD COAST - Palazzo Colonnades <info@palazzocolonnades.com.au>

Good luck :)

Angela

We stayed in Brisbane & the Gold Coast, it is easier to get the theme parks from the Gold Coast. We simply hired a car for the time we were in both places - you'll have fun.

I can recommend where we stayed though, if that helps. We booked on the net from the UK they were both very easy to do & the service was excellent:

BRISBANE - Oaks North Quay <northquay@theoaksgroup.com.au>

GOLD COAST - Palazzo Colonnades <info@palazzocolonnades.com.au>

Good luck :)

Angela

If you're hiring a car in the Gold Coast and intending to drive around a fair bit, make sure the hire company knows this - some companies do a special deal which limits you to within the Gold Coast area. Have a look at sites like lastminute.com.au and wotif.com.au for accommodation - we stayed at the Chidori Appts on the Gold Coast and they were great. However, if your main purpose is to do a reccie of Brisbane and the suburbs, with trips to the theme parks as light relief, I'd say you were better off finding somewhere more central. It's not a bad drive down to the theme parks from there, plus you can always do Australia Zoo as well.

In Adelaide, I'd say go for somewhere as central as possible - there are a lot of apartment blocks around the City, and North Adelaide, and that way you'll be able to check out all areas, as well as getting an idea of commuting time to and from the CBD, in case thats where you end up working.

D