Warning......

HEAPS GOOD !!!

It has been brought to my attention by a member of the forum that their child has been questioned at their school about things that have been posted/discussed and commented on PIA.

We all know that this is a public forum and there fore we do post accordingly ie no naming and shaming.

But we do not expect schools to go trawling through forums looking at peoples profile pictures ans then questioning there child on a one to one basis without either parent being present.

I know the school and the member of staff that has done the trawling as they have admitted it.....PM me and i will let you know.....

Just be aware of what you write and that schools can and it has been proved that they will single out children of members and question them about your posts.

I personally find this pretty bloody appalling that a school will drop themselves to such low levels..and knowing this member personally they have informed me that they shall be chamging schools in the future.....

I reckon the member should get in touch with the relevant school auhorities and also the local MP regarding this matter....

Anyone else feel that they have had the same experience drop me a PM....

Thanks for your time

HG

That's truly awful, but perhaps a timely reminder that a lot of the site is available to view by any Tom, Dick or Harry so people should be very careful about putting up personal details such as mobile numbers, addresses, email addresses etc - even about kids' ages and the schools they are at and classes they are in.

I know I've been guilty of this in the past - often we give away information without realising we're doing so, so apart from the total unprofessionalism of the teacher involved in this case, thanks for the warning.

Guest guest569

Like you say its an open forum for all to read, Don't write things if it will offend and come back to bite you !! If you don't like a school, person or pool company then don't say anything on here you wouldn't say in person !!!!

Simple as that.;)

ps... Or court !!! LOL

I find it very strange that an ozzie teacher would be looking on this website.

Personally I think maybe someone told this teacher that their school had been mentionned on this website..quite possibly a member of this forum.. or someone who had issues with the poster..which is bang out of order.

Guest Mitchell

Everyone should be aware that everything they put on the net anywhere is in the public domain. People have lost jobs from things they've put on Facebook, etc. However I think it's appalling that a teacher would question a child like that. Perhaps they should be googling what's socially and ethically acceptable instead of trawling this forum!

Guest guest569

Definately don't agree with a child being questioned about a parents actions BUT if a deputy principle can troll through an open forum and see a problem within their school then its a good way of putting things right for next term. yes / no ???:idea:

Definately don't agree with a child being questioned about a parents actions BUT if a deputy principle can troll through an open forum and see a problem within their school then its a good way of putting things right for next term. yes / no ???:idea:

In theory yes...

But to question a child about the practices of their parents on an open forum is unprofessional and out of order.

If the said teacher had a problem..then he/she should approach the parent.

There are ways to question a child without them sussing what is behind it..

Guest doje6863

Hmm, this is interesting considering the trauma that my child has been through last week. I have tried very hard not to post on the forum the name of the school responsible, but will of course tell you via pm. I do know that after the meeting I had with the school, several UK parents have been up to the school regarding similar incidents and maybe they mentioned this forum....

Powerful this internet thing isn't it?

donna

The school could well be (and rightly so) using internet tools to search for comments made about the school.

I like to know what people are saying about my site, good and bad (well I have never found bad comments)

I am not sure a child should be talked to about it, but the school using technology is not out of order IMO.

If the school found out a mass fight with another school was being planned on FB and they manged to stop it, would that be a bad thing?

Guest fredhargreaves

@adelaidenow - I think you are probably right. School admins, particularly in the public sector, are paranoid. They know that they can wallow peacefully in their mediocrity (or equally well be doing a first class job) until some parent (or sometimes a little close-knit gang) starts complaining to the extent that the despotic jobsworths at head office are aroused, in which case (irrespective of their real performance) trouble lies ahead.

It seems to me that recent arrivals are well aware that they are not up to speed on the gossip about which schools are good/bad etc and may use forums such as this to share information, which must inherently include some negative comment.

As advised by others, make sure neither your monica nor your comments give away your real identity if you want to talk about sensitive issues.

There are other means of contacting other users of you want to do that.

Guest Mitchell
The school could well be (and rightly so) using internet tools to search for comments made about the school.

I like to know what people are saying about my site, good and bad (well I have never found bad comments)

I am not sure a child should be talked to about it, but the school using technology is not out of order IMO.

If the school found out a mass fight with another school was being planned on FB and they manged to stop it, would that be a bad thing?

I don't think anyone is questioning the schools right to google themselves and act to improve their image and reputation. What is not on is to work out exactly who posted comments then question a child without their parents there. If the teacher concerned this will improve their rep then they are clearly mistaken.

Guest Guest5035
, we don't know whart has been written about the school. But for the school to quiz the child is absolutly insane!!!!

perhaps the school was concerned about the childs welfare and were probing ???

Stevo

To be fair, schools do act "in loco parentis"................however...........

for an adult with responsibility to question a child about parental postings is a pretty poor show!

The department of education really should be aware of such events.........and i have found the area supervisors very accomodating,

If the parents had a little rant on this site about issues with the school, whatever, thats just letting off steam, something i for one am guilty of............i try to be a bit non-commital, but it can be so hard.

Sadly, adelaide has a rep for being a small town, and that mentality is evident when teachers use technology to ascertain information in this way!!

True what they say.............eavesdroppers hear nowt good about themselves!!!!

Tbh i dnt think that the school was mentioned...just that this certain member of staff was looking and saw pics of said member and family then decided to go through some posts...thats the jist of what i got...

Alot of Pom parents have removed their kids from the school recently as they have said that they have felt that thier kids have been picked on....and thats by the teachers.

Also they feel there are other failings with the school...but i reckon most schools have issues of one sort or another.....

If soemone wants to go onto a public forum and have a go about anything as long as they dnt name names then surely thats should be allowed without having the school trolling and then questioning people about it.

HG

HG