What websites do you use to send gifts to UK?

Moosh

Guest guest3462

Debenhams are really good for sending gifts as they will add a gift card and wrap the gift if you require it for a small fee, I always use them, they are also really happy to send your goods to an address different to the cardholders (which many wont do). The delivery is usually free to the UK too!!!

ive used prezzybox Gifts | Gift Ideas | Gift Shop - Buy from Prezzybox sent my mum pair slippers from there and they arrived on time and nicely gift wrapped, you can add a card and bits on there. would use em again if and when with no hesitation.

ive also used bradfords too, Hampers - Christmas Hampers - Food Hampers - Gift Hampers sent my dad a whiskey globe and a choc cake, he said the cake was lush and the whiskey globe was real delicate and it arrived well packed and in one piece:) they do hampers too for all occasions :)

Only two ive used for sending gifts other than marks n spencers who are always great, flowers i sent once using the big place everyones heard of and they sent em a week late so would never use them again!!

Dawn x

Guest kangomik

Hi

Some sites I've used in the past are:

Shop for Quality Birthday, Christening & Wedding Anniversary Gifts from A1Gifts.co.uk - small personalised gifts

Gifts | Personalised Gifts | Unusual Gifts :: GettingPersonal.co.uk - sent Message in a Bottle, personalised Champagne, engraved little gifts.

Gift Vouchers, Gift Cards and Gift Certificates - Voucher Express - Next Day Delivery - used for event tickets

Home | Balloon in a Box Gifts UK - instead of bunch of flowers

Amazon also do a wide range of items.

Louise

Guest MrsHills

Just want to jump on the bandwagon here and ask, does anyone know of where/sites to get stuff sent to UK which is South Aussie (not food/drink/flags etc) but stuff which is more 'classy' maybe cups with aussie flowers nice pictures etc etc???

Guest dunnarunna

i got my brother in law a t shirt for his 40th on amazon.co.uk they have some gifts on there

otherwise there is gettingpersonal.co.uk that does personalised and special occasion gifts

just noticed after posting louise has already said these ones

Guest fredhargreaves

Marks & Sparks are good for delivery. Not the question I know but they also deliver to here again for GBP15 per order (it was 10 for a while). I've never had to pay import duty so far.

Hi Michelle, try bunches.co.uk

I send all my rellies flowers from these, they are fantastic and you also get a box of chocolates for free! and its free delivery too and the flowers are beautiful and last for 2 weeks:jiggy:

They start from 14.99 (english money)

goodluck hun xxxx

sue xxx

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered flowers from Bunches on 30th Nov for my mums 60th birthday the flowers came with guaranteed delivery on the day which was 10th Dec. I was gutted when I found out the flowers had not been delivered, they blamed the weather even though on the Friday the weather was fine and post was getting there. I rang and they apologised and offered a refund and also said the flowers would still go out on Tuesday so I decided not to order a replacement bunch from another company. She still hasn't received them I rang them and they said they were being delivered today, the same flowers that were due to go out 1 week ago. Bunches are not taking any resposibility and passing the blame to Fedex even though I placed my order with Bunches. :arghh:

Just thought I'd share my experience as I for one will never give them any business in future, would rather ring a local florist.

Jackie

I always use M&S, they have so far never failed to deliver on time. You know your going to get excellent quality, they too will gift wrap and you can send a gift card with your own personal message on it. They also will make sure there are no price tags on their gifts and I also get the invoice posted to me in OZ.

I can thoroughly recommend their flowers, they are always stunning. My mum is getting a bouquet delivered to her today from me, not that she know's it yet!:jiggy:.

Guest deleriumal
I ordered flowers from Bunches on 30th Nov for my mums 60th birthday the flowers came with guaranteed delivery on the day which was 10th Dec. I was gutted when I found out the flowers had not been delivered, they blamed the weather even though on the Friday the weather was fine and post was getting there. I rang and they apologised and offered a refund and also said the flowers would still go out on Tuesday so I decided not to order a replacement bunch from another company. She still hasn't received them I rang them and they said they were being delivered today, the same flowers that were due to go out 1 week ago. Bunches are not taking any resposibility and passing the blame to Fedex even though I placed my order with Bunches. :arghh:

Just thought I'd share my experience as I for one will never give them any business in future, would rather ring a local florist.

Jackie

I know this is your experience but I just wanted to put this in perspective for everyone reading this. Still in the uk presently so can shed a bit more info on this.

I am guessing it will depend where you were getting the gift delivered to in the uk. Us in Scotland and some part of England were snowed in from the 28th for approximately 2 weeks. Since Then the snow has hit various parts of the uk with some serious fervour. M&S, Tesco, Amazon, Asda, Toys R Us, and a variety of others stopped offering any delivery service to Scotland, particularly, from around the 10th because of the back logs with Couriers. My friend runs a mail order company and can't get any couriers to deliver her goods presently. Royal mail have pulled forward all the last posting days and if you didn't post first class or special delivery today it ain't gonna get anywhere in the uk before xmas now!

Amazon now act as an agent for all sorts of sellers - I sent a couple of family members some chocolate brownies this year through Amazon, made by a company called Bluebasil. I'm told (by my brother who couldn't wait till Christmas to open his!) that they were delicious. Also ordered some bird houses - again through Amazon - made by a company called UK Garden Supplies.

I really wish Amazon would open up here in Oz!! But with our Aussie Dollar being worth 65 pence today, and on a par with the US Dollar, it's bargain shopping time for us both here and in the US.

Guest Aussie pat

We use M&S and are always happy with the service. The feedback from our friends and family re what they have received is always extremely positive re quality and presentation. We usually order flowers or goodie baskets.

too late for Christmas but I also recommend www.smartgiftsolutions.co.uk - hampers etc, and you can upload a photo that they will print on the gift tag for free. For me that's a real plus cos once I received one in the UK from relatives in Oz and it was the most special surprise. So I have sent 2 of those this Christmas.

Have to say, I don't think you can beat M&S tho for sending nice wrapped gifts to people... :)