LCD TVs and Plasmas

Guest andy&jill

Guest andy&jill

Hi, This is a bit of a random one, i read in one of the uk newspapers that plasmas and LCD tvs are been banned in australia :arghh: Is this so or has anyone else seen this, something to do with climate change or carbon footprint or some old pap. :SLEEP:

I read with interest on previous threads that its the law :policeman: to own a minimum 42' screen.

Regards Andy

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Forget what car you drive here the Status symbol is what size tv you watch, if LCD's and Plasma's were banned you might as well shut up shop,

Guzzler

Guest graandjac
:biglaugh::biglaugh:Well when we were there two weeks ago there was loads in the shops unless they are selling them off before the ban kicks in that is:biglaugh: Cheers Graham

When I saw the article on the news a couple of months ago think it was about the amount of electricity they use. Electricity does seem to be more expensive here so this could be a warning to some.

Agree with Guzzler and Sas - IMO it does seem to be the first thing that some poms go out and buy the bigger the better!

Personally think I'll stick with my normal one - who wants to be here and watch TV all the time anyway!!!!!

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Well I for one can say I have not broken the TV law and rushed out to buy said 42 inch LCD as soon as we got here, must admit did look a bit silly outside the tent on the beach, but at least I didn't end up in prison for not having one......so be warned...either bring one with you or be prepared to get one when you arrive.......and the home cinema systems are pretty reasonable too :arghh:

Guest graandjac

:pgoing to agree with Devon on this one.....I thought one of the reasons (or ours ) is to get away from this materialistic country we live in and kick back a little.

From what ive heard oz tv is not so good anyway, and us for one dont plan on being indoors when the sun is shining, maybe its having that extra cash laying around in the first few months is to tempting....?

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

I think my post might a have been a bit mis-interperated, from the Status symbol point of view, this is one thing the AUSSIES like to buy big and bigger, loads of homes here with home cinemas, loads also have a tv for outside under the pergola and around the spa, happy watching

Guzzler

Guest graandjac

Kieth i know what you were saying .........youve got a big one......lol

Hi,

I think my post might a have been a bit mis-interperated, from the Status symbol point of view, this is one thing the AUSSIES like to buy big and bigger, loads of homes here with home cinemas, loads also have a tv for outside under the pergola and around the spa, happy watching

Guzzler

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Kieth i know what you were saying .........youve got a big one......lol

I wish, the trouble is it's always left on stand-by waiting for Sarah to push the button.................................;)

Guzzler

Now Guzzler normally I agree with what you say (even if I don't always post it but that would be soooo sad)! However.... think it depends which part of the country the aussies are from maybe. As only yesterday after I had put on my post I was having a laugh and a joke with a shop person at Collanades (can never spell that) he called Hallett Cove Little England and said you know when you're there as if you look in the windows at night all the houses have big tv's 'cos they've got loads of money!!!!! I had to put him right on this one as he definately seemed to have the wrong impression of us poms! He seemed to think we're all Rockerfella's!!!!!!! Was a definate learning curve on both sides - but I don't find it materialistic at all here. As for the TV it drives you mad :wacko: Unless like someone on PIA you like the Cunninghams man ;)

Guest Guzzler&Sas
I wish, the trouble is it's always left on stand-by waiting for Sarah to push the button.................................;)

Guzzler

wow, you are soooooo romantic love! Ever heard of wooing - flowers, chocolates, jewellery, praise, presents - anything really to get me in the mood, other then, so do you fancy it then????

(Sorry, if that is a bit close to the knuckle mods!!!! Need some light-hearted humour on here!)

:wideeyed:

Sas

Guest sarahsmartiepants

As for the TV it drives you mad :wacko: Unless like someone on PIA you like the Cunninghams man ;)

And, might I ask waht is wrong with the cunnos man?????:chatterbox:, and the cafe primo "Noine Nointy" man, The one I dont like is the one that says "satday" instead of "saturday"........now the thought of the cunno mans on a large Plasma.....uuuuuummmmmmmm:wacko:

Guest graandjac

Sas i know what you mean ....Jac hasn't brought me flowers or chocs for years.:biglaugh::biglaugh:...but saying that the straight forward push the button approach works for me:biglaugh:what started this plasma tvs....cheers Graham

Just the thought of the cunnos man on big screen:arghh: Now I have another reason to keep the smaller tv:biglaugh::biglaugh: I wasn't going to mention any names about who it was on PIA that had mentioned him before! That Mark from cafe primmo sounds bored when he has to keep saying the noine nighty bit!!!!! What about 'I bet you've heard this before .......' (blinds) or 'tell em they're dreamin' still can't perfect that!!!!!

Funny how the annoying ads stay in your head more than the programmes - so it works! Clever! Especially as not watched tv for ages except for good ol Eastenders! Weaned myself off corrie and emmer but can't quite give up Eastenders yet!:err: