Advice needed please

Guest hughescl

Guest hughescl

Hi everyone

My husband has now signed his job offer so we hope to be in Adelaide early next year. I have researched areas to live on here and there are so many different opinions on so many areas, to help narrow my search could anyone provide some advice on areas that have the following activities for two boys 13 and 7

Rugby/football clubs

Karate clubs

Swimming club

I am also after a good high school if anyone can assist, as thereis lots of feedback on primary shools but not many high schools.

Any advice greatly received

Thanks

Claire:D

Would be happy to help as much as I can (being a newbie) but do you know roughly where N/S/E/W or City?

We have been given a full brouchure of activities by the council (we'll live in Seaford Meadows) so I'm sure other councils will provide the same info. I do not think it will be a problem for you though - loads of activities around as far as I can see :)

Totally agree with the Sears Family....each council has info on whats available....you gotta answer a few other questions yourself i reckon such as what you want from where you want to live...

Hositals

public transport

close to work

close to beach

close to shops

etc etc.....

When you answe some of these and more questions then you can get a more idea of what you want from where you want to live....

Some peole are drawn to the south like us, and many people are drawn to the north...its all down to personal wants and preferences....

I hope this helps you in some way....just ask away for anything...

HG

Guest hughescl
Would be happy to help as much as I can (being a newbie) but do you know roughly where N/S/E/W or City?

We have been given a full brouchure of activities by the council (we'll live in Seaford Meadows) so I'm sure other councils will provide the same info. I do not think it will be a problem for you though - loads of activities around as far as I can see :)

Thanks we originally started looking at seaford, hallett cove, but had advice now on a few areas that we did not consider in the north east suburds. Going to look at realestate.com today and schools as I need to narrow my search. How are you finding Seaford?

Thanks Claire:D

Guest hughescl
Totally agree with the Sears Family....each council has info on whats available....you gotta answer a few other questions yourself i reckon such as what you want from where you want to live...

Hositals

public transport

close to work

close to beach

close to shops

etc etc.....

When you answe some of these and more questions then you can get a more idea of what you want from where you want to live....

Some peole are drawn to the south like us, and many people are drawn to the north...its all down to personal wants and preferences....

I hope this helps you in some way....just ask away for anything...

HG

Thanks your points are really good and going to make a list today so that I know what we all want as a family

Claire:)

Guest The Steeles In Adelaide

Hi, we live in seaford rise and its pretty good, i used to travel to the city daily for work which took approx 45 mins using the expressway. the schools in seaford are debatable, but i suppose what you look for in a school and what your expectations are varies in everybody as do our opinions. there is a website just recently formed called myschool.com.au but this has had a few questions asked as to how the results were achieved. Private schooling is not a massive expense albeit an expense! woodcroft college is private with good results as is southern vales which is a christian based school again with good results. Seaford has sporting clubs around as do the other local subs, There are plenty of activities for all age groups you just have to look around. onkas have a rugby club for most ages, hackam also have rugby club, noarlunga have swimming club, and there is a karate dojo on main south road and victor rd junction, not sure how good they are. hope this helps a bit.

Dave.

Hi

I have to add my weight to the south, we live in Moana (Just south of Seaford) there is a lot of investment in infrastructure happening in this area, with the rail extension to Seaford Meadows which will bring a direct rail line into the city. As the steeles say there are a lot of clubs in the local area, Regarding schools my daughter goes to Woodcroft College it is a private school but not really too expensive and we are very pleased so far with the quality of teaching and their overall results are very good. We chose it as all 3 schools are within the campus so she can stay at the same school all the way through.

You can still get a a good size block and house for reasonable rent or to buy and you are so close to the beach, which has an active surf lifesaving club and a great program for the kids.

Hope this helps

Good luck with the move

Kim

Hi

If you have anywhere specific in the North East in mind, then happy to answer any questions you might have. We live in Highbury and find everything is really accessible from here, plus great views, lots going on, good schools, shops, transport etc.

There is also a good website: Northeast.net.au which has details of various sports clubs in this area.

Diane