what sort of travel am i allowed to do on my hoilday to u.k.

Guest Tterrier81

Guest Tterrier81

im wondering if anyone can help me, im going back to England in april for a months holiday after being here 7 years, i will be travelling on an australian passport as i will be a citizen by then and just wondered if there was any restictions as to where i can go once im there as im planning on possibly seeing a bit of europe

cheers

dan

Sorry, but why on earth are you travelling on your aussie passport? if you're originally british, then you're a dual citizen and should be entering the UK on your UK passport, otherwise you're going to need to faff around with visas etc, which you won't be able to get since you're already a citizen of the UK. You can also travel around europe no problem on your UK passport. You will need to carry both your passports, as you'll need to re-enter australia on your australian one.

maybe his UK passport has expired and doesn't want the expense of renewing it for a once every 7 years holiday.I'll be in the same position in 2 years.

You can't be that passionate if you're willing to give up your British Passport!!!!!

Guest guest569
You can't be that passionate if you're willing to give up your British Passport!!!!!

was a Passionate pom 5 years ago when landing.Nowadays just being true to the country that gives my kids great oppertunities. The UK is dead that is why we are all deserting !!! Maybe i should look for a new username ???:biglaugh:

The last twice I have been back, I have travelled on my Aus passport, as I have only an expired UK one. We travelled extensively around Europe for almost three months and I found no difficulties with my Australian passport. I did not have to get a visa for any of the countries, but we did have to present the passport at Border Control in several countries, which is not necessary if you are travelling on a UK one.

Plus, you do have to queue in the "Aliens" line at Heathrow.

You don't need a visa to go to the UK if you travel on your Australian passport. I didn't renew my British passport as you are not allowed to travel on 2 passports in the one trip so what's the point of having 2! As for queuing in the Aliens channel - most of the aliens are now British citizens so the queue is actually very small!

Guest Tterrier81

thanks for the advice guys, and passionate pomme-u were spot on mate, my passport has expired and i dont want to renew it as i will probably only use it once or twice during the time its valid, so i see it as unneccesary expense

cheers

was a Passionate pom 5 years ago when landing.Nowadays just being true to the country that gives my kids great oppertunities. The UK is dead that is why we are all deserting !!! Maybe i should look for a new username ???:biglaugh:
eye eye !!!!!:biglaugh:

Guest moonraker1959

Its not dead where I am!Please don't generalise,I don't see all 63 million people leaving do you?My aussie kids are here in the UK and they have great opportunities.

• 1 month later...
Its not dead where I am!Please don't generalise,I don't see all 63 million people leaving do you?My aussie kids are here in the UK and they have great opportunities.

I've said this before - for every plane full of Brits coming to Aus, there's one going the other way full of Aussies. According to Wikipedia:

"The 2001 UK Census recorded 107,871 Australian-born people. Estimates published by the Office for National Statistics suggest that, in 2009, this figure stood at 118,000." Clearly they don't think the place is dead!

I'm not sure why people slag a place off instead of simply enjoying where they currently are, but I guess it takes all sorts! :cute:

Jim