Speeding fines

jono

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me about an incident that happened today. I was driving on Reynell Road and saw a random guy point a camera at me. I later found out chatting to someone that he is a council worker in shorts and t-shirt with a grey ute which apparently has a speed camera hidden somewhere. He is hidden round a bend slightly uphill and just waits for you to poke round the corner then he pounces. I was doing 52 in a 50 area, but apparently told by a friend that I will recieve a fine in a couple of weeks! Can council workers do this and is it legal for them to wait around the bend and distract by pointing camera at you with no warning?

I was travelling in Renmark (Riverland) and I got pulled over for speeding. The police car was covered in bushes and leaves to disguise itself. As he drove off all the branches and leaves were flying everywhere and it was a blind corner, soon as you turn the corner the speed restriction goes down from 110 to 80, you don't have time to slow down even if you were under the speed limit of under110.

Normally you get allowed a few kms grace as the camera is not always accurate. If you were doing 52..you should be fine.

Never heard of a council worker doing it though!!!

Seems strange.

Guest kangomik

Is the 52 on the car speedo or on the GPS? The unofficial tolerance is 6%, but they don't have to give any.

I have a vehicle at the moment that is 1 KMPH slower on the guage than on GPS, so it's pretty damn close, i have driven vehicles that are up to 18KMPH lower than the gps, and this figure varies through the range.

Yes they can hide in some wonderfull places and yes camera's are parked in all sorts of things at the side of the road. They do like to wait by the signs, and get you as you accelerate towards that sign.

We have a motorcycle copper up here who hides in the bush's. Theres a dark blue commodore around golden grove that parks on junctions and gets people, he may be council he isn't in police clothing.

That fully black BMW motorcycle down south is a beut, you have no idea it's a copper till the lights go on!

It would be nice to drive under the limit, but there's an industrial estate in Wingfield, and some of the entrances to it have different speed limits, minefield.

Ohh and it's not a cheap sport either!

Guest ste and cheryl

I was going up the hill to Hallett Cove from Brighton this morning (not sure the name of that road) and there was a black car hidden behind a bus stop before the speed limit changes to 80, and he had 2 black boxes on the floor. I'd just put my foot down to overtake a truck and was doing 65, I am pretty sure it was a camera he had and I'm pretty sure I will get a fine !! :skeptical:

They seem to fine you for everything here , we've been here 11 weeks and this could be our 3rd or 4th fine, I say 3rd or 4th as still waiting to see if my hubbys comes through from 4 weeks ago ... the other two were from him too :eek:

We'll learn our lesson soon when we see all these fines could have paid for a bloody holiday lol !

I was going up the hill to Hallett Cove from Brighton this morning (not sure the name of that road) and there was a black car hidden behind a bus stop before the speed limit changes to 80, and he had 2 black boxes on the floor. I'd just put my foot down to overtake a truck and was doing 65, I am pretty sure it was a camera he had and I'm pretty sure I will get a fine !! :skeptical:

They seem to fine you for everything here , we've been here 11 weeks and this could be our 3rd or 4th fine, I say 3rd or 4th as still waiting to see if my hubbys comes through from 4 weeks ago ... the other two were from him too :eek:

We'll learn our lesson soon when we see all these fines could have paid for a bloody holiday lol !

I seen that one as I was comming down the hill (cement hill)

I think that anyone can be "licensed" to do speed checks and parking issues. I got a parking fine by a school councillor for dropping off my child in a no stopping zone months ago. When we questioned his authority to do so we were told he was within his rights.

Best advice! keep under the speed limits.....and don't park anywhere you ain't mean't to!

Guest MrsHills

It is unusual for the police to carry out static speed camera, they are usually Police Support (NOT real Police) they have all sorts of vehicles to catch you out!!