finally!

Guest dotty

Hi,

Just had to share the news, after a very long wait, I've finally got the visa!!!:D

(threated agents with MIRA and what do ya know? suddenly within 2 days I have case officer, NEXT day I have visa- Thanks for the advice guys!)

Only have 8 weeks to get out there, so it's all systems go now.

It's a hell've mixture of feelings isn't it?

Going it alone feels a bit scary now!! But very exciting.

dotty

Hi everyone,

Does any one know how they work out the date you have to take up your visa. Is it so long from when you applied or so long from when your visa is allocated?

Lynne

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Congratulations - nothing like an adrenalin rush to get you moving and with 8 weeks to go, it will be all hands on deck .....

Good luck and see you this side when you get here.

Regs

Sas

Congratulations. Dotty good luck with getting everything organised!

Enjouy the sun.

Hi everyone,

Does any one know how they work out the date you have to take up your visa. Is it so long from when you applied or so long from when your visa is allocated?

Lynne

Lynn

you have to validate your visa within 12 months of your police checks / medicals whichever came 1st

thanks everyone.

Yep, full of adrenaline, also a few tears everytime I look at my 'kids'.

Won't be there for Xmas, have to fit it in around son's exams in January, he's coming out to validate visa and then returning home. This will be my 3rd 'last Xmas at home!!'

I've got the 495 visa - eventually!

Can any recommend somewhere to stay for a few weeks ( holiday accomadation perhaps, I'm travelling light!) Once my son comes back I'm thinking of looking into renting a room somewhere.

I thought it would be cheaper and provide some company- by that I really mean someone to kill the spiders:arghh: Good idea or not??

Off to start packing!

Dotty

Thanks everyone!

It feels weird at the moment, I'm surrounded by empty boxes but just feel a kind of blind panic and can't get anything done!

won't be out for christmas, will be there early January. Going to look for holiday type accommdation for 2 weeks while son's with me, then look to rent a room somewhere.

Less expensive with someone to deal with spiders:arghh:

Good / bad idea??

It's a 495 visa. The special one with a nearly 3 year wait :goofy: can't say I'd reccomend that particular immigration agent to anyone other than my worst enemy!!

No doubt I'll be back with lads more questions once the panic thaws!!

Dotty

Hi Tina & Steve,

Don't get me started on this one!!

I have to be there that quick because immigration agents messed up and applied for wrong visa & had to go through it all again. Jan 16th is 12 months from time of meds, so have to be there before they expire.

Seeing the price of flights and having slim chance of OAA this short notice, I am still angry with them.

Good job I like a challenge!!

At least this way there's no time to change my mind!!

Dotty