Just had a visit from our first Huntsman!!!!

Guest ctomo808

Guest ctomo808

Opened the door this morning to let a bit of air in, left the fly screen shut, closed the door 10 mins later to find a bloody big spider on the wall!!!!

Hubbie caught it and after googling spiders, found we had our very firsy Huntsman, a Banded Huntsman with stripes on his legs and bloody big 'crab pincers'

He was a beauty, the kids loved it!!! He is safe and sound in the back garden - hopefullt eating the other spiders as we speak!!

We have been here 6 months now and feel officially Ozzie now!!!!:jiggy:

Man they are so fast when they run, our cats love huntsmans as they are more sport than the other spiders lol.

Tell me about it!!! :shocked:we had a huge one appear upstairs in our lounge area and hubby had to run across the sofas to catch it, before it jumped into the Christmas tree !!! we let it go on the front lawn and felt very proud of ourselves, as normally we kill everything... just then a big bird swooped down and took him away:huh:

Kim

Guest tinkham_lee

I have a huntsman living in or on my car at the moment, it managed to get into the front interior light, don't know how it managed to get in there, I looked up and saw a large shadow above me, had to take the light down to let it out. also seen it walking along the outside of the windows whilst I'm driving, they must have good grip to hang on at 100kph lol.

Guest Mitchell
Oh my god HG what was it???

I hate spiders, and i'm really trying to stay calm, but its hard when they are so bloody big!!!:shocked:

It's the little ones you have to be careful of!

Guest hel&sam

after a few nights of imagining 8 legged creatures, i had my house sprayed by southern suburbs pest control, hey presto, no nasties for the next 6 months, the amount of dead creepies that fell out of crevices was amazing, can sleep at night again. dont like spiders in the house, can cope with them outdoors,(bit like my kids really) lol hxx

Guest brianlynnette
Here's the one we found the other week waiting for us under the handle of the wheelie bin!!!!

hi lynnette here just saw the pic of the huntsman omfg!!!! im not scared of spiders but bloody hell :eek:

Guest Mitchell

Baby huntsman right next to my bed last night. I used to Hoover spiders in the UK then shut the Hoover in the spare room. No way I could do that coz they're too big. Ended up chasing it under the bed with a can of raid. Didn't want to kill it but no way can I share a room with one :S

Guest Mitchell
Get a cat Michelle! Mine has great fun with anything creepy and crawly - even ate an earwig to protect me the other day!! If he found a huntsman, I could probably cut down on catfood for a week or so!!

I would love one Di but mine is a No Pets rental . May be if I ever grow up enough to settle down and buy a house:shocked:

BTW Loving the Xmas smilies

:elf::xmas3::christmassmilie: