First snake encounter

Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

Out and about early yesterday morning delivering leaflets when I heard a hissing sound :err: I immediately stopped thinking oh f*** :chatterbox: After checking my feet to make sure something had not snuck up on me I noticed a rather large snake in front of me making it's way into a garden drainage pipe at the kerbside. I let the snake make its merry way out of my way and then did a very wide detour past the drain!!!!!!!

Whilst I know there are snakes over here and we are bound to see them the scarey thing about this is that it was in the middle of a residential street where people walk up and down and kids play :shocked:

About an hour later I popped back with Greg to show him where it had been and the snake had come out of hiding and was once more basking in the middle of the road before scarpering into its hole again when the car got closer. So just a word of warning if you have to walk along the roadside (due to lack of pavements over here) keep your eyes and ears open!!

Normally I walk round with my mp3 player on but thank god had left it at home yesterday so heard the hiss or could easily have walked into it.

Lisa:unsure:

36_33_17.gif

EEK!! Its bound to happen to all of us and some stage. I've not yet set foot in Hallett Cove Reserve for fear of them. Luckily I live close to the train tracks so I'm hoping the vibrations keep them away from the house.

Jx

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

Out and about early yesterday morning delivering leaflets when I heard a hissing sound I immediately stopped thinking oh f*** After checking my feet to make sure something had not snuck up on me I noticed a rather large snake in front of me making it's way into a garden drainage pipe at the kerbside. I let the snake make its merry way out of my way and then did a very wide detour past the drain!!!!!!!

Whilst I know there are snakes over here and we are bound to see them the scarey thing about this is that it was in the middle of a residential street where people walk up and down and kids play

About an hour later I popped back with Greg to show him where it had been and the snake had come out of hiding and was once more basking in the middle of the road before scarpering into its hole again when the car got closer. So just a word of warning if you have to walk along the roadside (due to lack of pavements over here) keep your eyes and ears open!!

Normally I walk round with my mp3 player on but thank god had left it at home yesterday so heard the hiss or could easily have walked into it.

Lisa:unsure:

:shocked::shocked: I bet that gave you a fright!!! I bet hearing that reminded you of the english tax man creeping up you after hes pound of flesh!!

It is frightening -I had my first experience the other day and it has made me extremely cautious! :unsure:

My cousin (who is australian!) said if they are on council property you should phone the council as they should remove it, but I don't know which department!

The only thing you can do is make lots of noise - if you've got your mp3 player on maybe you should sing as you walk :biglaugh:!!!!!!