Moving furniture to Adelaide!!!

Guest fatman

Could anyone advise us about moving electrical goods out there?

We were told not washers/dryers/refrigerators or TV's

Now we are hearing TV's are fine?

We have several TV's ranging from five to one year old, the latest a Panasonic 58" flat screen, costly to replace these kind of things.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Graham & Janis Price :arghh:

Guest Mitchell

If you search the threads you can find some great posts about what works. All those that you mention will work but you'll need a digibox to receive tv channels (like a UK freeview box). I'd post a link but the tapatalk app on my phone doesn't seem to want to search.

We brought both washing machine and drier from the UK, and still going strong, over 6 years later (touch wood!!!) I think you would miss the drier if you didn't bring it, as ours is a godsend in the winter months (even use it to warm up the kids clothes for them sometimes, as no radiators - don't tell my OH though or he'll take the fuse out to save the electricity!)

We had no prblem, just needed ozzy digi boxes to run our tvs..

A REALLY GOOD TIP IS...BRING SOME OF THOSE 6 GANG POWER POINT THINGS AND JUST CHNAGE THE PLUG ON THAT SO YOU DONT HAVE TO DO TOO MUCH PLU CHNAGING AT THE START AND YOU CAN PLUG IN EG.

TV, DVD PLAYER, WII, LAP, CHARGER ETC ALL ON ONE WITHOUT CHANGING TOO MANY PLUG TOPS AT ONCE !

LYNNE

Guest m.jephcott

We were advised to bring everything, (but the fridge), in fact the removal company advised us to buy a new washing machine to bring over as ours was on it's way out. With the strong Aussie dollar it's well worth bringing everything you can.

Guest Woody and Jane
Bring it all!! Everything works, you just need a sparky to change the plugs!

Totally agree, apart from needing a sparky to change the plugs. It's exactly the same as changing a plug in the UK except there is an urban myth in Adelaide that you need an electrician to do any work which is vaguely related to electrical appliances. The same urban myth also states that you need a safety certificate for any electrical work done in your home (which are provided by some electricians). It's simply not true.

Guest Mitchell
If you search the threads you can find some great posts about what works. All those that you mention will work but you'll need a digibox to receive tv channels (like a UK freeview box). I'd post a link but the tapatalk app on my phone doesn't seem to want to search.

Hiya

Now at work and can search yay!! The post you want to read is http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/household/8705-electronics-computing-should-i-bring-will-work.html

This gives LOTS of details of what will work and anything you need to know provided by the knowledgeable orrelljet :notworthy: