quick question?

Guest chippie74

Guest chippie74

hi all!!!

the past few days ive hammered all the wedsites and forums about adelaide.. and the only downfall ive seen is the job side of adelaide they say unemployment is quiet high...so my question to everyone is have you struggled for work in any way??? in all jobs ect.. thanks

Yes and No

My hubby finds it difficult to get an interview let alone a job offer but luckily he already has a job and he'll stick to it until he gets another one. He is a Duty Manager in a 4 star hotel/pub.

Me - I work in office admin and I've found that registering with a couple of agencies and being willing to do anything (within reason) gives you a foot in the door. I'm not working at the moment as I'm recovering from a major operation but once I re-register my availability, I think it will only take me a couple of weeks before I'm working again.

I also have found that some jobs don't exist on the employment websites. You apply for a job and don't even get an acknowledgement.

From your login name I guess that you are a chippie - I shouldn't think you would find it difficult to get a job here. You could even go self-employed.

Guest chippie74

cheers for reply:-

im more worried for my missus getting work she into health and safety ..she has done goverment work..ie working for councils ect but reading on forums you cnt get work in goverment till your a aussie citizen..might have to teach her to pull a pint :D

I know of a couple of British people who work in the government and are not Aussie Citizens so I suppose it depends on where you go. I've just applied for a government job and it didn't state that you needed to be an aussie citizen and I'm not one yet. I think you just need to have Permanent Residency unless otherwise stated.