holidays

Rachiegarlo

Hello all,

for all of you are somewhat more settled here now and have money to spare for holidays and thinking of how you could get to Spain, Turkey etc well i thought i would share with you the little holiday I am taking my daughter on this year.

Flying to Siem Riep in Cambodia . If you book far enough ahead you can get flights into Asia for a bit more than $1000 return.

We are staying at Villa Siem Riep and doing their little luxury package which is US$171 each for 3 nights and gives us an English speaking tour guide for 1 day, our own tuktuk driver for three days, all breakfasts, packed lunches for the temples at Angkor Wat, a massage and a pool pass as well as a sunset temple pack of wine n stuff. So basically a lot for not much dosh and they pick us up at the airport and drop us back all inclusive.

We are then going to Phnom Penh a five hour coach trip US $10 with a drink and a lunch box provided. We are only staying there 1 night but accommodation there is also cheap.

Last summer I took other daughter to Kuala Lumpur , again airfares around $1000 each, hotel $600 for 4 nights at Club level so breakfasts afternoon tea and all day soft drinks thrown in in the club lounge. Hop on Hop off bus round the city MR 17 - 35 depending on age. Butterfly garden MR 10. Shopping ...lots....and with the MR at about 3 to $1 some things are incredibly cheap. Food also is cheap and yummy.

So if you are looking for an overseas holiday, have a look at South East Asia, because often it will cost you the same as an interstate holiday here. Last year was originally going to take daughter to Melbourne for a week, but with flights, apartment, food n stuff realised we could go to Asia for the same. Plus time difference is usually only a few hours so no jetlag and the flights are only around 7-8 hours.

Thinking of going to Vietnam next summer :)

Sounds fantastic. My son's guitar teacher has been to Vietnam a couple of times and always manages to get a good deal for a package there.

Are you flying direct from Adelaide, and who did you book with - a high street agent, online agent, or did you sort everything out yourself online?

in my experience, a good site to check out places as well is Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor - I could spend hours on there, and if you post up a question, you always get good helpful answers.

No this trip we are flying out of Perth so spending the day there as our flight to Singapore leaves at 0200. This trip we got all the flights except the Interasia ones with Singapore airlines using our frequent flyer points that we clocked up when we went to Europe. Booked everything online. Yes I also trawl Trip advisor when considering accommodation. Between Cambodia, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur we are using Jetstar Asia, which has the advantage of using the main international terminals and not the Low Cost carrieir terminals. The flights from Sing to KL were only $15 plus about 20 for taxes. Just happened to book when there was a sale on. My brother lives in Sing so we are staying with him inbetween Cambodia and KL.

Guest Guest5035

You are right its so cheap there in Asia, we did Thailand a year last November and Bali before that and a couple of days in KL and Singas , the people are fantastic, but to be honest it can be a poohole in places. give me luxury anytime.

stevo