• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Mobile phones frm UK to Ozzie

416 times
      Pretty much all phones will work in Oz, as long as they are unlocked to all networks.

I have an iPhone, and I had it unlocked by Orange before I left the UK, and it works fine. You'd probably be better off waiting until you got to Oz to buy an iPhone though, as I believe that unlike most of Apple's products, the iPhone only has a UK warranty if bought in the UK.
      Also, Apple's products are better value in Oz than in the UK.

An iPod Touch isn't really worth the money as it's pretty much the same as an iPhone apart from lacking in being able to call and text. An iPhone has the same capabilities as a Touch, so as the iPod software.

I'd avoid buying a new phone just before you leave as it'll give u a headache when trying to get it unlocked before you leave - most operators will say you have to have spent x amount (100 - 200) on credit on the phone before they will unlock it and if you don't get it unlocked before you go you'll run into difficulty getting it sorted or to work at all with an aussie sim.

If it's an older phone and works well then i highly advise getting the phone unlocked before you leave and just picking up a prepay sim once you arrive - worked fine for me and after a few months when my old one starting giving me grief i bought something new! even had that one unlocked and brought it back to ireland when i came home! :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12