moving back to the UK

Guest simonclark

Guest simonclark

we are moving back to the UK in July- basically we have a fully kitted out house at the moment but will need to sell our gear as the house we rent was unfurnished.

any ideas how to get a few quid for our stuff nearer the time without resorting to garage sales- it would be nice if someone just came into the house and offered us a price for it all.

anybody any help??

Guest Tterrier81
we are moving back to the UK in July- basically we have a fully kitted out house at the moment but will need to sell our gear as the house we rent was unfurnished.

any ideas how to get a few quid for our stuff nearer the time without resorting to garage sales- it would be nice if someone just came into the house and offered us a price for it all.

anybody any help??

i'd prob use gumtree.com.au, its free to avertise, i used it to sell a few things and everything i put on there has gone within 24hr

Guest Guest75

Gumtree eBay and Facebook are brilliant places to advertise.

You get a lot more for your stuff on here!!!

Tight buggas on here will be encouraging you to put stuff on here :P:p

Put a list on here what you have for sale, I have bought loads of stuff from people returning back. All the best.

I agree - we've bought heaps of stuff off here as well. All my furniture is still overseas and hubs' needed replacing, so Gumtree and this site have been god sends.

Putting an ad on Gumtree, putting up pics of your largest items and mentioning you are selling most of your household items will help get folks through who are looking for heaps.

Check out this site Kearns Auctions Adelaide South AustraliaIf you want to sell it all at once. They usually clear out whole homes, including crockery, glasses, pot plants, lawn mowers etc. I've noticed that they mostly sell for deceased estates and presume they get some commission out of it. People turn up and basically bid for everything that you have itemised for sale.