Queensland flood offical toy appeal need volunteers tomorrow at londsdale and ongoing

ozzieclare2be

I have been helping to co-ordinate the collection at lonsdale today, many thanks to anyone who has donated. We are accepting donations at u store it 20 Aldenhoven Road

South Australia 5160 tomorrow the 14th jan only!!!! The collection then moves to Wayville showground. We desperatly need volunteers to help us sort through the stuff you can register online Queensland Flood Victims Toy Appeal - 2010 or phone sarah ball on 0418794008, or turn up at lonsdale tomorrow and i will forward your name on to sarah who is co-ordintaing for Adelaide.

Please be aware clothes and toys donated need to be in good clean condition no marks, tears or stains, we have had a huge response today but some stuff was unacceptable for the flood vitims. We are also collecting food, nappies (unopened) baby toiletries, please bag any clothing according to age, and sort stuff into seperate bags ie no mixed bags of toys/ clothes as it makes it easier to sort.

I will be at lonsdale from 830 am til 1 pm tomorrow, volunteers needed for showground from sat through til 21st jan many thanks for reading.:)

I have 7 huge bags of clothes that will be with you tomorrow.

Larger ladies of queensland do not fear!!!!

Bugger..just realised its kids clothes!!!!!

Got about 6 bags of them!!!

nick11 we had an amazing support of people down there this morning (a couple of poms thanks guys xx) and managed to clear the backlog of stuff from yesterday. Donations were starting to come in pretty steady again just as i left at 1pm and i reckon we had packed about 100 boxes of stuff.

Many thanks to all who donated, and this isnt to take away from donating by other means, cash donations are more appropriate often at a time like this, it was a call for volunteers as the stuff is being donated and they do need people to help sort it out. Anyway anyone helps (however small/big or otherwise) im sure will be appreciated by the flood victims and please dont feel anyone is dismissing anyones contribution in other ways as im certainly not.

But again if anyone has spare time and would like to help the website is taking registrations for volunteers in 3 hour slots.

:)

Guest dunnarunna

i think they are doing a drop off at wayville showgrounds tomorrow dawn, i helped out today and was amazed at the amount of stuff being brought in, every time we cleared it there was another load. although not all of it up to the standard of sending at least the salvos benefited too, thats why clare asked for volunteers as there is alot of sorting to do. it doesnt matter how people help out be it time, money or clothes and toys every bit will help those people suffering from the floods and it must mean alot to them knowing of all the support they are getting.

donna

I also put a thread up about this appeal a couple of days ago ...... no interest whatsoever! I'm incredulous to be honest. Apathy comes to mind.

I think these threads are incredibly important and whilst it might seem a bit strange that there haven't been many replies, given that people seem to comment on some pretty random things, I don't think that's necessarily a measure of their interest.

Personally I wouldn't feel the need to say anything (I'm the strong, silent type lol) but that doesn't mean I haven't done anything and I'm guessing that'll be the same for many other people that will have read these posts.

Don't lose faith in us, Wizzy!

:wubclub: LC

PS. I thought that was a pretty cool thing your daughter did.:notworthy:

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi Clare,

We have a box of brand new with tags trackie bottoms, jeans and a few new t-shirts (famous brand), girls ,ladies & mens we would like to ship over from UK. Is there any way we could send them them for free direct to Queensland as they weigh quite a bit? We could put them with our shipping consignment but they will arrive too late they neen to go now.

Thanks Daf

Hi Clare,

We have a box of brand new with tags trackie bottoms, jeans and a few new t-shirts (famous brand), girls ,ladies & mens we would like to ship over from UK. Is there any way we could send them them for free direct to Queensland as they weigh quite a bit? We could put them with our shipping consignment but they will arrive too late they neen to go now.

Thanks Daf

to be honest the stuff hasnt left for queensland, and it would i imagine still need to be checked??? anyway if you email sarah ball im sure she will be able to answer this but i know they are only collecting until the 21st jan, and i doubt very much they would pay for shipping as everything is being run by volunteers and companys are donating time etc. Drop her an email on sarahb@littlelattes.com.au , but id have thought logistically it would be difficult and would be easier to donate cash from the uk x

I think these threads are incredibly important and whilst it might seem a bit strange that there haven't been many replies, given that people seem to comment on some pretty random things, I don't think that's necessarily a measure of their interest.

Personally I wouldn't feel the need to say anything (I'm the strong, silent type lol) but that doesn't mean I haven't done anything and I'm guessing that'll be the same for many other people that will have read these posts.

Don't lose faith in us, Wizzy!

:wubclub: LC

PS. I thought that was a pretty cool thing your daughter did.:notworthy:

most people just do their thing and dont feel the need to post, i was bumping it up to keep it on the main feed lol, as i know people dont often live on here and might miss the post :)