What a day....

richjop

For the first time since I've been here I went out to lunch with a friend only to receive a phone call from the school, where are you, Ben is injured. What's he done I joke, to be greated with great seriousness from the other end, he's fallen off the monkey bars and needs medical assistance. Heart is going a bit faster now, I'm about 20 mins from the school with Josh (2) in tow, we have no doctor as we haven't needed one so get told by school meet us at Akaba medical centre as soon as you can. Get there, Ben in state, principal and secretary in waiting room, he's hurt his nose in a freak accident on the monkey bars. I go in to see Ben who is now hysterical and just hear the words 'plastic surgeon'. The staff were so good and before I know it Josh is off with my friend, Bruce (principal) is driving me to Wakefield Street and Richard (hubby) is trying to get back from Newcastle. Assessment-Ben has sliced the top of his nose and needs to have a general and lots of stitches, he's very brave and all I can say is that our experience of the medical profession and friends that we have made in 4 months was absolutely brilliant. Ben was stitched up and cared for and out of the door within 8 hours (had to wait 6 because he had eaten) and the nurses said they would leave when we did. The phone has been red hot with concerned parents and even Bens teacher rang. We've had soup made for us and all I can think is that level of care would never have happened in England and I'm just glad that this accident is over and done with!!!!!! Just having a glass of wine and thinking how I tell Nanny and Grandad about today. As far as I am concerned, it was an awful thing to happen, but happened in the best place. Ben I'm sure will get lots of attention with his black eyes and stitches!!!

Guest Libby1971

How terrible...I dread receiving a phone call like that.

It sounds like you have a very brave little boy, well done to him. And I am sure he will be making the most of his war wounds while he can!

You most def deserve a glass of wine or three.

I hope the next few days are not so dramatic! It's great though that everything is okay.

Libby

My nerves are shot but Ben stayed at home today and spent most of it winding his brother up so he's fine-although he looks like he's done at least ten rounds with Mike Tyson. Went into school to reassure them that he was OK and everyone knew about what had happened, so much for coming over and blending in quietly!!! Thanks to everyone for their good wishes hopefully no similar posts to come!

Guest graandjac

Hi joanne hope all is now ok ...? you can be sure its ok for him if the brothers are back at winding each other up...a sure sign.......might be seeing you sooner rather than later.....!!!!

Graham & Jacqui x x