PC Repair ??

Guest ste and cheryl

Guest ste and cheryl

Hello all,

Was unsure where to post this ...

We need a pc repair guy !!!! Our 6 month Laptop has decided to more or less die on us !

Is there anyone on here or can you recommend anyone?

Thanks

x

Guest ste and cheryl

Erm ....

Hp G61 ... I think .

Takes forever to load to homescreen and won't allow us to access anything ! (odd occasion it will)

A blue screen with loads of writing did come up but then it rebooted itself .... Not that it helped!

We haven't wiped it yet, going to get back up tomorrow and hopefully do that as I can access documents and photos in safe mode. But we don't have any if the disc that cane with it, we must have forgotten them when we moved here !

Guest cornish Busdriver

Well its not terminal then.

Go online and try to get hold of the recovery disk and run them trough and that will sort it as its just **** its self.

Just found this on the net for you to try as well

Restore the PC to original condition with the HP Recovery Manager

If the computer cannot open to the Windows desktop, follow the steps below to use the f11 key to launch the HP Recovery Manager and return your notebook to its original factory condition.

When the notebook is powered on, press the wireless button to turn ON the wireless switch.

Turn the power off and on to restart the computer.

Press the f11 key to launch the HP Recovery Manager.

NOTE: If the HP Recovery Manager cannot access the hard drive to fix the system errors, use the personal recovery discs to recover the hard drive to its original condition.

When the Welcome to HP Recovery Manager windows displays, click Next .

When prompted to perform a Microsoft System Restore , select No , and then click Next .

When prompted to perform a System Recovery , select Yes , and then click Next .

When prompted to Backup Files , select the desired option.

When prompted to perform a Recover your computer to original factory condition , select Next and allow the system recovery process to complete.

NOTE: Do not interrupt the recovery process even if the Windows desktop is displayed. The computer will restart automatically during the setup. Wait until the setup is complete and a prompt is displayed to login to the computer.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Also

To determine if the HP Recovery Manager is operational, press the power switch to turn on the computer, and then repeatedly press f11 during the startup. If the Recovery Manager is operational, the computer will display a prompt to either (1) recover the operating system from files stored on the recovery partition, or (2) create a set of recovery discs which does not require the purchase of a replacement recovery disc

Whatever you do do not follow the first thing Cornish said. you will lose all your data!!!

I cant emphasise that enough, ignore his post - if you follow those instructions you will be one unhappy camper!!! I know you said you will try and get a back up, but you will lose emails etc , as they won't be backed up.

I do not know why so many so called experts' post stuff on forums. The old adage a little knowledge is dangerous is so true.

The issue is (most likely) a driver, as you can load safe mode.

(Trust me, I am a PC Doctor)

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hey AN.

Before you start shooting off and iff you read there post you would have seen that they were going to back everything up first. , Thats why i said about a system restore.

Before you say a little knowledge is dangerous can i ask what qualifacations you have when it comes to computers or electronics cause now your in my world.

There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary.

Thoughs who do and thoughs who do'nt

Hey AN.

Before you start shooting off and iff you read there post you would have seen that they were going to back everything up first. , Thats why i said about a system restore.

Before you say a little knowledge is dangerous can i ask what qualifacations you have when it comes to computers or electronics cause now your in my world.

There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary.

Thoughs who do and thoughs who do'nt

Those, not thoughs to start things off. Understanding English and being able to write procedures and documentation is important when reading manuals and helping people with computers BTW. Binary is simple just 2 digits, zeroes and ones.

Did you read my post? I mentioned the back up. But backing up in safe mode won't get anything but documents and pictures, did you see the bit I put about emails? What about internet passwords etc? Some backup units won't be recognised in safe mode too so backing up may not even be possible.

Send me your email address and you may be blown out the water with my CV, I gave up IT full time, but I have had pretty senior jobs so I think I know what I am on about. Qualifications don't get you real experience, hence the reason I didn't do MCSE etc, I have never needed a few letters after my name. I do struggle a bit (I admit) with my SBS 2003 and Exchange 2007 working with my BES at home, if I have issues with it can you help?

No need to get on your high horse, but I stand by what I said, you gave bad advice on this occasion.

Cheers

Can we quit the grandstanding boys? This is a major problem to the OP and it doesn't need to descend into a "mine is bigger than yours" contest!

I'll nail my colours to the mast and state that Adelaidenow has always given me excellent PC advice and assistance, and reading through the thread above, seems to have done so here too. He did clarify about not being able to back everything up using the method suggested, and to many of us less computer literate, that wouldn't have been clear in the original advice. I do accept that his manner of expressing things isn't always the most politic though and shall be telling him that!!

Keep it civil between you both please, and I'm sure you both have valuable advice and help you can offer the Original Poster to help them in this situation.

Diane :policeman:

Guest Guest5035
The issue is (most likely) a driver, as you can load safe mode.

(Trust me, I am a PC Doctor)

Well Cornishbusdriver is only trying to help and AN you did say something about a driver in your quote.;)

Stevo