Food Shopping Recommendations

Guest Murphy642

Guest Murphy642

:jiggy:Hi All

I have been in SA for 3 weeks now and absolutely loving it!

Just want some advice regarding food shopping which I have found to be very expensive!

Where is the most economical place to do your food shopping? Is it Coles, Woolworths or foodland or is there somewhere else you locals can recommend? I am in Seaford Meadows.

Thanks all so much in advance

Guest Guest5035
:jiggy:Hi All

Just want some advice regarding food shopping which I have found to be very expensive!

Thanks all so much in advance

welcome to SA

stevo

I'm not in your area, but I've found foodland better quality and cheaper than Coles. I spend about $100 a week to feed two hungry adults. I try to make things as much from scratch as possible, tastes better, no additives/preservatives and is much cheaper. Also make sure you bulk buy when there's special offers.

The Central Market is good too - some things are hugely cheaper there, such as cheese, apples, mushrooms, chicken, eggs...

I don't go as often as I should, considering it's only 20 minutes drive away, but when I do the savings are always huge on my shopping bill.

Cheapest car park is the one over the top of the market (enter from Grote or Gouger St) and if you shop on a Wednesday, you get a voucher for free parking when you spend money at any of the stalls (only about 90% of which are open on Wednesdays - it's a newish opening day so they try to encourage more shoppers)

Guest nakigirl
#Foodland, the mighty South Aussies yeah!#

Foodies is an SA company so they're my first choice. Coles is Australian but no SA so they're number 2. Woolies is American so I go there under protest.

Think you'll find Woolies is Australian, we have them here in New Zealand and they are Australian owned.