Flood levy

sidestep

Guest katsmajic

Makes sense, i see low earners can opt in to make payments if they wish too....lowish earners may only pay 48cents but at this point every little bit helps...and the high earners aren't exactly being bashed for contribution - price of a coffee/beer/cheap bottle of wine...

Guest Guest5035

So i have to contribute twice now? She knew everyone would donate to the original fund, waited and waited then introduces this tax. I want my original donation back,

Stevo

We now find out that Qld is the only state not to have insured itself against infrastructure damage such as this ... because it didn't think it was a worthwhile way to spend money (yet it's the most prone to natural disasters).

I don't recall Gillard mentioning this last week when she banged on about being upfront and open with people about the levy.

Jim