6 nations rugby

Guest ROBERT

Anyone know how or where to watch the 6 nations rugby because i am sick of this streaming rubbish.BBC blocked all of them for the Italy game.Don`t really watch enough TV to warrant $100 per month for foxtel.Maybe a pub that is open at 1.am and doesn`t mind a lonely rugby fan sitting on his own.lol!

Hi Robert,

Mu OH had the same issue. He's into the 6 Nations, Tri Nations, Super 15 etc.

We have the Foxtel IQ2 which is high definition and also records the games but as you say it's not cheap!

With the rugby world cup later this year as well you need to sort this out!..... it is possible to choose a Foxtel package that includes the sports channels but not the other stuff so as to keep the cost down.

We signed up for a Telstra package (internet, unlimited landline and unlimited mobile calls to all networks....and the Foxtel platinum package was part of that) and for the whole lot combined there were some savings.

If you find a pub that screens "proper rugby" (his comments!) please let me know!

Tamara

Yeh, let yourself in, clear up after yourselves, and don't expect me to provide the beers Stevo!

Actually I wonder if the North East Rugby Club that Chrisk8 runs from here have a clubroom where they could show it? Alternatively, Steve at the Fox n Firkin might be persuaded to put it on the big screen there if someone asked him nicely....

The England team are certainly fun to watch at the moment (specially like Ashton's flamboyant try-scoring!)

Anyone know how or where to watch the 6 nations rugby because i am sick of this streaming rubbish.BBC blocked all of them for the Italy game.Don`t really watch enough TV to warrant $100 per month for foxtel.Maybe a pub that is open at 1.am and doesn`t mind a lonely rugby fan sitting on his own.lol!

Were they blocked on myp2p as well?

Cooler

Yes every single one,you can`t even get the highlights on you tube.

Very unhappy at present.Predicted a good year for english rugby at the end of their Aussie tour last year and now can`t even watch it.

Thanks Diane may have to take you up on that offer.At least the world cup will be on similar time zones so i can go to the pub.

The Coopers alehouse on Pultney Street is the best i have found for rugby but the england games are at 1.am in the morning,that is a long time to sit in a pub and behave.lol!

Yes every single one,you can`t even get the highlights on you tube.

Very unhappy at present.Predicted a good year for english rugby at the end of their Aussie tour last year and now can`t even watch it.

Thanks Diane may have to take you up on that offer.At least the world cup will be on similar time zones so i can go to the pub.

The Coopers alehouse on Pultney Street is the best i have found for rugby but the england games are at 1.am in the morning,that is a long time to sit in a pub and behave.lol!

That's a shame, I did have a quick try after the football but wasn't sure if it was a bad connection and my bed was calling me.

If it's only on Foxtel, I may have to get it for the RWC - better start saving for present for Mrs Cooler :biglaugh:

Cheers,

Cooler

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, is it just me that was absolutely flabberghasted (sp? not wonder people use "gobsmacked" instead!) when ESPN coverage skipped to ads 20 seconds before the end of the first half (and missed Scotland's score levelling drop goal) and again about 20 seconds before the end of the game? What's that about, ffs???!!!!

LOL Thanks Rob, could have done that here too but managed to drown the laptop and it's away at the laptop hospital at the moment so not got the program to do it at the moment! Anyway, ESPN were showing it and I managed not to hear the score...but then they did that to me! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... I think it was the BBC commentary though, and they were driving me mad as well - how come no commentator can find a good word to say about any english team playing? Even if they're winning the commentators can't resist singing the praises of the other team and criticizing the English. I know it wasn't one of their better games, but hey, they had the lion's share of possession in the second half, and at the end of the day they won...but far be it from the damn commentators to give them any credit...!

Let's hope the team got it out of their system though and don't give us quite so many nervous moments against Ireland!