Finally!!!!!!!

Guest Tracijbc

Guest Tracijbc

Got our visa grant letter this morning from our wonderful agents at Visa-Go. After about 2 years, it seems like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!!!!!!!

Aiming to probably be in Adelaide April/May 2008, so warm up those barbies and we'll see you soon for a glass of Shiraz (or two, or three....)

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Guest LOUISE HANNAH
Got our visa grant letter this morning from our wonderful agents at Visa-Go. After about 2 years, it seems like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!!!!!!!

Aiming to probably be in Adelaide April/May 2008, so warm up those barbies and we'll see you soon for a glass of Shiraz (or two, or three....)

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

WELL DONE, NICE FEELING ISNT IT ?

WE JUST GOT OURS LAST FRIDAY (ALSO WITH VISA-GO)

WE ARE GOING OUT IN AUGUST

CHRIS & LOUISE

Guest Tracijbc

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for the messages. To be honest, it's all a bit of a whirl, as I had managed to convince myself that they were going to turn us down, as during the meds, they found out I have Type 2 diabetes (now on medication and dieting like fury), and the panel Doc said they would no doubt want confimation from our GP that I was being a good girl, managing my blood sugar and losing weight (I am polishing my halo on a daily basis having lost almost 2 stone since mid-September).

As for living in Adelaide, well, hoping to get OAA, but who knows, we will be renting for a while and looking for a CHEAP rental (we only need 1 bed as we have no kiddies). Also if anyone knows of any good gardening firms, my OH will be seeking work as a gardener/landscaper/groundskeeper, so let us know if anyone needs a lawn man.

Blimey!

First things first. This weekend I am going to put the diet and blood sugar on one side and get completely sh*tfaced. bring on the champagne!! It's been a long time coming!:D

Traci xx

Hi Tracijbc,

congratulations at last, it is a nice feeling when yu get that yessssssss!!!!!!!!.

time for celebration then organising the next and final step just the journey to australia.

Great news, hoping our visa will be through before Christmas. More to the point, how did you lose 2 stone in such a short time. Please give all us envious ladies your plan!!! Would love to be able to sit on the beach in Oz rather than risk being harpooned as a whale!

I am polishing my halo on a daily basis having lost almost 2 stone since mid-September).

2.gif2.gif Well done you!!

First things first. This weekend I am going to put the diet and blood sugar on one side and get completely sh*tfaced. bring on the champagne!! It's been a long time coming!

1.gifWell with what you've gone through you most certainly deserve it.2.gif

Guest c4ndygirl

Well done guys!!

What a good excuse to watch what you eat - just keep picturing yourself in your cossie on that gorgeous beach! It will all be worth it for you!!

Fantastic news, take care

candia

xx;)

Guest c4ndygirl

Oh and Traci - please post your diet plan for us all!! 2 stone in a couple of months is just amazing!! Forget what i said about the cossie - go for a teenie tiny bikini instead;)

Guest Libby1971

Many many congratulations...it is the relief that it was all worth it.

Enjoy your celebrating! Lots of lovely Shiraz here, so the celebrating may have to restart when you arrive :biglaugh:

Please from the bottom of my heart, I implore you to post your dietary habits so that I might sit on the beach safe from harpoons!

Libby

Guest Tracijbc

So ladies....diet secrets...

To be honest, there really is no great secret. I have had to completely change my lifestyle following the diagnosis after we had our meds done. Before then I had no idea I had Diabetes and was eating and drinking what I wanted.

Since the diagnosis, I have had to cut out ALL added sugar, fat and salt from my diet. I can only drink in serious moderation (boo hiss) and have to watch my very slim and fit OH eating his way through biscuits and doughnuts whilst exhibiting SERIOUS self-restraint.

To be fair, I did start off with a lot to lose, and am by no means slim yet, but I fully intend to be down to a graceful size 14 by this time next year (that should give you an indication of my starting point!!).

Mind you, last time I saw my GP and asked her about Xmas cos I don't want to spend the whole festive period being a miserable pig, and she told me to have a total blow out on 25th, eat and drink what I want and then back on the diet on 26th. So, I'll be up at midnight as it turns to Christmas Day cracking open the Smirnoff and then continue through until midnight on 25th and all will be right with the world!! :idea:

Thanks for all your good wishes, and I look forward to a ladies coffee morning in Adelaide where you can all show me round the decent shoe shops!

Traci xxx

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Great news!! Its such a good feeling isn't it! Well done you as well for loosing the weight & keeping those blood sugars in check!! You enjoy that glass of champagne!!