Hot November !!!

Guest guest569

Guest guest569

Heard on the radio yesterday that Adelaide has had its hottest November for 25 years !!!! It has had an average temp of 28 degrees. people have said to me before that with the climate changes , summers are getting longer and lasting into april nowadays. If you start including November aswell then it means it will feel like summer for 6 months of the year !!!:chatterbox:

Heard on the radio yesterday that Adelaide has had its hottest November for 25 years !!!! It has had an average temp of 28 degrees. people have said to me before that with the climate changes , summers are getting longer and lasting into april nowadays. If you start including November aswell then it means it will feel like summer for 6 months of the year !!!:chatterbox:

I know the heat will take some getting used to when we get to Oz but after working out in the rain and wind all day and looking at forecast for the weekend in the uk. Bring on Global Warming:biglaugh:

For those of you in Oz a question. when it is hot is it a 'different' heat to over here? The reason I ask is that I do not do the heat too well although know it is something I will have to get used to but just wondered as freinds have told me when they have been in their hols ie Spain, portugal that it is a different kind of heat so more bearable.

It is one of the reasons we chose Adelaide as apposed to Brisbane (Pete really wanted Brisbane). I know I will have to get used to it and I am looking forward to it and I am also looking forward to the kids being outside more than here. At present they are driving me mad as they can't play out after school or at the weekend.

This may sound like another silly question from me but I just wondered.

Thanks for reading my rambles

Tracey

Guest muppetbro

the heat is dry heat - weve been banging out quite a few days of 32-24 temps of late - yesterday i was surfing at seacliffe at 5 pm without needing a shortie wetsuit on its like bath water in the lagoons and warming up weekly - south australia has the coldest water temperatures but thats all relative to expectations - its warmer than canaries water.....

the key is the wind - anything with south in it brings refreshing winds / sea breezes - the killer is winds with north in it coming from the interior - had about 4/5 days and its like a hot hair dryer and not pleasant at all - with cloud cover its like extreme uk mugginess and youll get the flies / mozzies out in force as they tend to be lighter winds......

the perfect days here are 24 - 30 - went down to goolwa at weekend and it had cloud cover as usual and was 19 degrees and i felt shivery......this week i have been working in air conditioned classromms mainly so no worries but i sympathise for those having to work in the mid day sun - tough that must be - beach weather it is but watch that sun its the biggest killer in australia and the statistics are scary

total sun bloc is a must and reapplied every 2 hours - im getting hammered on my legs and my face and am never out for more t han 2 hours - its an intensity like i experienced in kenya on the equator just here we live under the biggest ozone hole existing !

no worries - east coast is getting record rainfalls so all is well - here drought is all i ever read about in the advertiser - so i ts n ot all good as prices/ restrictions rocket

so im enjoying most of the sunshine - its beautfully hot , occassionally not comfortable.......hang on shit summer officially started today so this past 14 weeks has only been spring :arghh:oh my oh my - whos got a pool free tonight

How ironic could this be! We arrived on the 20th of October for 3 1/2 weeks to break the drought. Dropped to 16 degrees for the first 8-10 days and rained for 6. We're from cornwall and had the dual Adelaide/Cornwall forecast on the computer and the first week was warmer and dryer in the UK. We left on the 12th of November to mid 20's (for the last 5 days) so obviously they made up for it after we left!!!! The ozzies were thrilled. I was just cold. My husband only let us take 3 small suitcases for the 5 of us and I froze!!!

Liz

Guest sarahsmartiepants

When my pests were little I used to take them to the beach for the say when it hit 22. Here 22 is much cooler then 22 in UK. If it got to 16 in the spring in UK I would throw open my windows and wear a t shirt! Here 16 might as well be 10!!! IMO temps in the low to mid 30s are the best, 40s are ok but not for long!

sarah