Car crash question...

Liz and Kris UK

Hi Guys

Unfortunately today I was involved in my first ever car accident. Somebody came out of their drive and hit their accelerator instead of the brake. Luckily nobody was hurt but my car is badly damaged. The lady claimed full responsibility and got a police caution. We both have fully comp insurance but my insurance company is closed today. Just wondering what the process is now and whether I will lose my no claims and need to pay the excess on my insurance.

Thanks

Kris

Guest Guest5035

No, the other drivers insurance will pay for everything as they are at fault. Your insurance company SHOULD have a 24/7 phone number to ring in the event of a accident/tow requirement, check your policy. When getting in touch they should give you the option of getting 3 quotes, or leave it up to them, They will want ALL details and police report number.

Stevo

Guest Mitchell

If it's anything like the UK here you could lose your no claims initially until the paperwork is through with the other party admitting full liability. When I had my accident in the UK it took about 6 months to get a court judgment against the woman that hit me. She admitted liability from the start, had to really as I was stationary. My insurance was due for renewal within this time and I had to pay more but got it refunded once judgment was through.

Check your policy docs as there is always a 24/7 claim line. Sooner you claim the better. It took 10 weeks for the womans insurance to inspect my car and settle that part of my claim!

Guest mark&rachel

Don't forget the whip lash you got. As long as the accident is reported within 24 hours thats the legal side done but your no claims should stay intact as its not your fault and as long as the Police agreed you will be fine!

Guest kangomik

Apparently, and i cannot believe it, but you may be responsible for some of the blame.

Reason - you were on the road.

I had a guy at work who got squashed between two trucks............. while stationary at a red light and he caught some of the blame.

Let the insurance fight it all out, the main thing is that you are healthy and in one piece.

If it's anything like the UK here you could lose your no claims initially until the paperwork is through with the other party admitting full liability. When I had my accident in the UK it took about 6 months to get a court judgment against the woman that hit me. She admitted liability from the start, had to really as I was stationary. My insurance was due for renewal within this time and I had to pay more but got it refunded once judgment was through.

Check your policy docs as there is always a 24/7 claim line. Sooner you claim the better. It took 10 weeks for the womans insurance to inspect my car and settle that part of my claim!

Yeah you would think so our company is A & G they don't have a number I can call untill 8am tomorrow.