Whyalla - the update!!

Kacymru

Well then guys, it's the end of my first week in Whyalla, and what I can I say? It's great!!

Very quiet, but the locals are so amazingly friendly and nice - it's home away from home!

I've written a blog complete with pictures of me in my 'lovely' uniform, check it out for more details... kacymru

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who's wished my luck and everyone that's offered hints, tips and advice, much appreciated and all very helpful!!

For anyone thinking of coming to Whyalla - I'd say go for it! Very friendly people, and a lovely community vibe, it's quiet and relaxed too, but it's not for everyone!! ha ha

Hope you're all well!

Karen x x ;):D

Hi Karen

I'm so glad you've posted up your experiences. So often people go on what they've heard third or even fourth hand about a place, or their experiences on briefly passing through, so it's great to get an inside opinion. I've been talking to lots of people around the Whyalla area recently as part of the job I do, and have found everyone so lovely on the phone. If you get the chance, check out the yacht club there for me can you? They sound such nice people.

Now off to read your blog....

Diane

Guest kangomik

Awesome stuff, I said there would be some characters up there.

Next stop Ceduna:biglaugh: Now they are weird people, even by their own admission!

The bloggs great, very funny.

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie pat's other half here

Well done for having an open mind, giving it a go and taking it as you find. And it's worked out! Sometimes it doesn't, but if you don't have a look you never find out.

Guest guest569

Really glad your getting on up there !! Just goes to show whats not for one person can be the opposite for another if they are prepared to give it ago .:notworthy:

Guest moonraker1959

Hi Karen,so happy everything is working out for you,I knew it would!:cute:People always usually settle in Adelaide for whatever reason when in reality the bigger country towns can be just as great!I'm a country girl,always have been,and usually the people in country towns you meet are salt of the earth type people,people you can rely on,friendly,open,and great fun to be with!Not saying city folk are'nt but you know what I mean.Will read your blog later when I have time,but all the best girl!Sounds like you're onto a winner there!xxxx