seaford rise computer help !!!

Guest guest569

Guest guest569

any computer geeks in seaford rise ?? we have bigpond unlimited internet and have brought a wireless router. Unless it has pom, Adelaide or facebook i'm useles so its down to the wife and she's struggling !!! can anyone help ??? Its worth a beer or wine !!!;)

any computer geeks in seaford rise ?? we have bigpond unlimited internet and have brought a wireless router. Unless it has pom, Adelaide or facebook i'm useles so its down to the wife and she's struggling !!! can anyone help ??? Its worth a beer or wine !!!;)

If you trust me I can do it remotely.

All you need to do is install a program (logmein) and I can set up your network from home. Logmein is secure, you will just need to tell me your username and password etc.

I can do it tomorrow morning, let me know.

I assume all you want to do is set up a secure wireless network?

whats happening? u cant get the wireless router set up? plug the thing in then ur pc should find new hardware, then click to set it up, it should then ask for your wireless router key which should be a number found on the box somewhere that the router came in, put that in and it should work? thats very basic instructions anyway lol as told by my 18 year old when i just asked him, my hubby could prob do it for you no probs as he set ours up, and we are only in seaford but hes on call for work this week and hes out right now, if u still cant do it let me know and i'll ask him when he gets home, might even be able to ring you if you like and run through it with u over the phone?

Guest guest569

Thanks for all your tips.:notworthy: She who must be obeyed is out at the fringe at the moment so i'll show her this in the morning. If its not working i'll be in touch before lunch.;)

Guest guest569

Cheers for your suggestions so far

The new wireless router comes with a CD to install, when I put it on it says it detects a router that it needs to overide and that we must put in a password!!!! Firstly didn't know we already had a router, secondly have no idea of the password. It allows me to go on without it but then gets to the end and says "can't do it - no password!!!!!!! " :( argh!!!!!!!!!!!

May be phoning one of you soon if I still can't do it

Mrs Passionate

With cable plugged in are yous ure you can see it? you aren't now connected wirelessly. You are connecting via Ethernet, which is different.

THE SSID is the name of your wireless network, you could (and should) have it hidden to stop others connecting to it.

You should reboot the router anyway, turn it off, wait a min and turn it back on.

Guest Carolandcraig
No you don't.

What make is the router? I have most default passwords.

As I often say, when it comes to IT help, most info given out on forums is wrong.....

Maybe the password that is required is the username and passwork given by the ISP to access the internet and not the password of the router.

Just a thought.

Guest guest569
Maybe the password that is required is the username and passwork given by the ISP to access the internet and not the password of the router.

Just a thought.

does this mean your email login?????:o

If so tried that!!!!!!!!:arghh:

:chatterbox: