Commuting to the City from the South

Moosh

I'm going to be commuting into the city from next month and I was wondering what the best options are coming from the south. I have the following options:

1. Jump on the T722 bus from Seaford to City.

2. Drive to Noarlunga Interchange, get the bus to Oaklands Park and then the train to the City.

3. Drive to Oaklands Park and then the train to the City.

What is everyone else doing and how long is it taking you?

Thanks

Michelle

Guest Lisado

Hi

We do this everyday!

The bus to Oaklands and then train to City (while they upgrade the track) works if they don't hold buses back or trains. The timetables to get you into the City are incorrect and we always end up 5 minutes late. Last week 3 buses broke down and a train so 2.5 hrs later we finally made it in. Aside from that the guys on the ground seem to have it pretty sussed.

My complaint is on the way home the last N5 is 6.05pm. I think they need a few more of these.

I have spoken to someone I work with and they get the Express bus from Noarlunga into the City and they have stated it is less stressful, so we are going to try that.

We have thought about parking at Oaklands too but you are still battling with the traffic to get there, we might as well drive into the City.

I think at the minute it is still trial and error.

Timewise - I think approx and hour.

Lisa

Guest Murphy642

Hi Get bus from Seaford Meadows to Noarlunga and then bus and train to the city. Takes about 1.5 hours. Too long but pretty easy and they run often. I haven't tried the bus straight to the city yet. I'll give it a go and let you know.

It'll be better once the line is upgraded only about an hour.

Guest PhilC

It's a pretty unpleasant commute whichever you look at it at the moment, from Seaford, it's going to be 1.5h each way.

If you go early (before 8), you might want to consider driving all the way to the entertainment centre on Port Road and jump on the tram - it's only $2/day for parking and the tram is free.

I've been catching a lift with a mate to the entertainment centre from Port Noarlunga and I'm in the city within an hour - going home takes considerably longer on the train/bus debacle.

Phil

Guest shella_n

please to have dound this threa as I wa sgoing to post on here asking the same question!

We are relocating to Port Noarlunga at Easter from Mawson Lakes and will be travelling to the CBD each day. I work 8.30 - 4.30 and from what you guys have said it will take me about an hour? Im thining about driving in until the train is up and running and then I understand that it takes about 45mins?

Thanks

I will be working normal hours, starting at 8am and finishing around 5pm. I used to get the T722 bus from Seaford to the City and it takes 1 hour 20 minutes - its ok but its soooo long. I then have the drive to/from McLaren Flat which is another 10 minutes on top. Parking in the City is at least $12 a day and then you have the cost of petrol on top. Would prefer my travel time to be no more than an hour if I can help it.

I travel daily from seaford meadows to fullarton road. Via southern exp.

Leave at 8am and leave work between 4:30-5:30pm

Takes an hour in the morning and Prob about 40 mins if I'm lucky on way home.

I'd be happy to help and have company if some contribution to petrol.

There are occasions when i need to work out of state but have plenty of warning.

If I can be of help please ask :)