• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Pooing My Pant....What to do about my house etc..HELP

32 times
      Quote Originally Posted by css View Post
      omg you sound like me !!! we have 3 children katie8,harvey 6 and josh nearly 2. we originally went for queensland as i have quite a bit of family there but then they changed the smp and my oh trade was not on there any longer so we changed to adelaide..we submitted our application in sept 09 and waited for what felt like a million years,we finally were sent to get our medicals done which we had 3 weeks ago and just sent our police checks off to adelaide 2 days ago.We were told by our case officer we could get our visa within 2-4 weeks of all our documents being finalised.We hope to put our house up on the market next month and wed love to be gone by november.i really dont want to rent our house out here as ive heard such horror stories about the house getting wrecked,im really in the same boat as you right now.Im so excited and scared to death at the same time,keep in touch and let me know how youre getting on with the move,take care and try not to loose the plot.clare
      Hi thanks for the reply...losing the plot...think i have at times.

Great to meet some nice people on here like yourself.

Good luck with your visa not long now....fingers crossed let me know when you get it....so exciting x

Take care chick
      Applied June 2009 175, Applied 176 SS for QLD Rec'd - Joiner (OH) 14/02/10, DIAC Req Medicals on 175 Visa booked for 1/04/11 - Now decided on Adelaide..thank god for the 175 Visa :D

Lindsey (35), Spencer (38), Declan (6) & Dylan (2)
      Now in Rochdale - Lancashire

Visa Granted 25/05/2011 !!

107 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
      To the OP. If you clear 50 a month after paying the mortgage and agent, have you included letting insurance in that? Coz that will take most of the rest. It's insurance against tenants wreaking your home and staying but not paying rent. Then there's the yearly gas check and stuff you need to be able to rent next year and that's without allowing for any maintenance that will need doing over the year. What happens if you want to sell in a year? Much more difficult to arrange if you're the other side of the world unless you have family close by that can do it for you.
      I agree with all of this. My parents convinced us to rent out our house and it has been a nightmare - so stressfull. It cost way more than I expected to get it ready for tenants with all the insuraces, certificates etc etc. Then the first tenants were a NIGHTMARE and left after 6 months. SO I had to pay agents to find more tenants - more money! Then the original tenants triesd to take me to a tribunal for keeping some of their deposit as they never cleaned the house etc - more stress.

Now we want to buy here - we have not only the stress of try to organise sale from the other side of the world but also if we put the house on the maket current tenants are likely to move out into a new place before house is sold so it will be empty and I will have to find the money to pay the mortgage some how.

Its different for everybody but if I knew then what I know now I defiantely would have sold up!

Good luck to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums