Whyalla blog update

Kacymru

**All content in this post and in the blog are family friendly, there's nothing offensive or se*ual in there I promise!!**

So, I've now been in Whyalla for two weeks, would you believe it's a place for dogging - no really it's not what you think!!!! Believe it or not it's a term used to describe slinging a load over a crane and hoisting it up, but I didn't know that when I had a conversation with one of the guys from work - seriously, this language can get you into trouble!!

Fortunately it would appear he doesn't know what it means in the UK!! Thank goodness!!

Here's the blog...

http://kacymru.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/work-social-and-a-bank-holiday-begins/:cute:;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adelaide_bound

Soooo - whats Whyalla like then for a 30 something?

We are looking for an area of SA that isn't full on city, but isn't completely the middle of no-where - we like being able to go shopping at shops or a market for food for eg, but don't really go out much - far more like staying in and entertaining at home.

If you had to compare it to Brum, what would you say?

Sorry to put you on the spot, we have sooooo long to go until we get to Australia, but I am so over excited and we are starting to search for possible areas to give a go to when we get there now :D

Cheers if you can help out :)

H&R

Hey H & R,

Thanks for the post, I'm enjoying Whyalla a lot, it's a quiet town full of friendly people.

I'm enjoying it here, so fart been to bowls and checked out 2 of the local pubs/ clubs.

I would recommend you look at places closer to Adelaide too, as there's a little more to keep you entertained there. You're lucky as you have time to decide where you want to go; everyone's experience is different, but if you want to know more about Whyalla then give my blog a read, it's got pictures and videos too...

Am writing this on a BlackberRy so sorry it's short! X

Guest Damien
so fart been to bowls

Now I know why it's a game for old boys - can't control their bowels (much like me!) :biglaugh:

If you want a place that's got everything but not 'city' look at Mount Gambier. It's got all you need, McDonalds etc, restaurants, amazing scenery and has the slow country pace of life.

Just don't take undersize crays, I hear the new Fisheries bloke can be a bit of a git :policeman:;)

Guest Adelaide_bound

Have been reading, and will keep doing so, its a fab blog! Thank you for all the info you're giving out in it, really really usefull (and exciting! :D)

Hoping we can raise enough funds to be a little more luxurious about where we are exactly and how long we can look around at different places, but time will tell - everything for a reason :)

The problem with Mount Gambier we were thinking was it was too far inland for us - R wants to be on the coast really, a luxury and the same as everyone else too I know, but he has his heart set on it.....