• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Adelaide Suburbs Books / Migration? ...Anyone Recommend any please

32 times
      Thanks i have now ordered from Amazon. Kind Regards
      Applied June 2009 175, Applied 176 SS for QLD Rec'd - Joiner (OH) 14/02/10, DIAC Req Medicals on 175 Visa booked for 1/04/11 - Now decided on Adelaide..thank god for the 175 Visa :D

Lindsey (35), Spencer (38), Declan (6) & Dylan (2)
      Now in Rochdale - Lancashire

Visa Granted 25/05/2011 !!

Highbury, SA
      4221 times
      Quote Originally Posted by WAITINGAME View Post
      I have stumbled across this one before.....have you read it or know anyone that has?

Yep, I've read it (I read the proof copy :)) and it is a good read, with some interesting and useful stuff in it. Mandy lives here in Adelaide, and she and her sister both migrated, Mandy brought her car and pet over so has a lot of experience in different aspects of the process.

The Where to Live one is quite good - I had a copy of that too, but only read it after we moved here and had been living here for a while and I found it had lots of gaps in it! Obviously written by someone who had done online or paper research but not actually been to lots of the places it spoke about, and where it did have information on suburbs (and lots aren't even mentioned in there), half the time I didn't recognise the places I knew in there from the descriptions, if that makes sense!

You can't really make a decision on a suburb to live in from reading any book, looking online, or asking strangers I'm afraid! You just have to look for yourself, and can only narrow things down a bit beforehand by finding out where you will be working, what you like doing, what sort of schools you are looking for etc etc.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12