InterNations

suzer

Well, I'm in! Phew.

However, I've had to say I live in Brisbane as there wasn't an "Adelaide" option.

I've read a few of the debates on the forum and its a whole new world to me. I wonder what I have to offer these intellectuals. I feel like the Tea lady!

J x

Hey! I am in....good site...out of depth with the debates though!

Dan and Steph

:idea:I'm sure if enough of us from PIA joined we could dumb things down quite quickly, do you think they would like to here some of our jokes ?:skeptical:

Simon

:idea:I'm sure if enough of us from PIA joined we could dumb things down quite quickly, do you think they would like to here some of our jokes ?:skeptical:

Simon

I think the whole point is for it to be different to the other forums out there...as in, not dumbing it down. I kind of find it refreshing, as most women my age are busy with families etc and that is a high priority topic-wise on a lot of forums, which I simply don't fit into. Not to say this forum or any other is dumb! I just think InterNations tends less towards the typical expat questions of where do I find this, how do I get there/what type of visa etc and more towards the experience of expat-ing as a whole and the reasons for doing so, which are so varied on the site.

Ok, off my seriousness. Don't worry all, I'm sure there are topics if you search around which could peak your interest. And although I said it was refreshing, there are plenty of topics which don't interest me there. But at the end of the day, I guess I would say only join if you think it has something to offer you and vice versa:)

I've offered to become the 'ambassador' for Adelaide, which means they should be creating an Adelaide community soon. Have a phone call with one of the founders next week.

The nice thing about the site is it's difference of purpose, I think, one part being that for every member who joins, they donate to a charity:

http://www.internations.org/tour/charity

I'm keen to find out where the money comes from that they donate to this charity when I speak to the fella next week.

Well, I'm in! Phew.

However, I've had to say I live in Brisbane as there wasn't an "Adelaide" option.

I've read a few of the debates on the forum and its a whole new world to me. I wonder what I have to offer these intellectuals. I feel like the Tea lady!

J x

Yeah, I picked Melbourne...figured it was closer than Brisbane but I guess much over muchness.

• 2 weeks later...