Adelaide hills

Guest MADTOM

Guest MADTOM

Hi

Our lease is up later this year and we surrently live by the beach. We hardly go - found out we are not really beachy people.

Does anyone live in the hills or foothills (e.g. Belair) I like the idea of space, trees, and peace and a village type centre but I don't drive. Is public transport ok? What areas are nice for small children with good primary schools and some sort of social life?

Plus my big worry my 5 year old will start school in May. Will it be an upheaval to have him start a new school December?:skeptical:

Guest kangomik

Sorry don't live down that way, Live in the North East and the Bus to the city runs past the top of our road, so for us it would be great. It's nice having the best of both worlds, only a couple of minutes into the hills, and less than 30 to the beach.

Schools here are great and the kids have plenty to do.

Good luck with the move where ever you choose next.

Hi

Our lease is up later this year and we surrently live by the beach. We hardly go - found out we are not really beachy people.

Does anyone live in the hills or foothills (e.g. Belair) I like the idea of space, trees, and peace and a village type centre but I don't drive. Is public transport ok? What areas are nice for small children with good primary schools and some sort of social life?

Plus my big worry my 5 year old will start school in May. Will it be an upheaval to have him start a new school December?:skeptical:

I have heard different things about Belair and the public transport depending on where you end up living like the bus to the station leaves 2 hours before the train is due to leave etc.

But best looking on the Adelaide metro website to get full details.

As for your son in the short term it might be a little painful and difficult but if you know long term that the move is the right thing then you just have to go with it. Just like when you moved halfway across the world to here. We moved suburbs, moved daycare and kindy for my son and he has taken to it really well but you just have to go with it..

Good luck

Unley is lovely, my husband walks to work in the city. There is a bus that goes to Glenelg in 20mins to get your beach fix or the City in 10 mins and then there is the tram on your door step. Loads of parks, primary school great, loads of shops within walking distance and King William Rd, Unley Rd and to some extent Goodwood Rd have loads of Restaurants, bars, cafes to suit families. I am bias as i live here but wouldnt change it for the world.

Good luck with your search but the best bit about Adelaide is there are so many nice areas to live in!

Guest Nick11

When we first arrived we lived in Picadilly..near Stirling. I hated it with a vengadence. Too isolated and freezing in winter.

I do like Blackwood and Belair though.

Guest mlissiman

Hi There!

We live in Blackwood (2 years now) and love it there for the open space etc. It can sometimes feel a little like a retirement village though and EVERYTHING shuts at 9pm, but does'nt really bother us as we are not really night owls anyway.

Our sons attend both Blackwood Primary and Blackwood High - both of which we have found excellent.

Drop me a PM if you want more details.

Good luck with the move wherever you end up.