Brrr! Early winter??

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Blooming heck!!!

It's like back in the UK here today!!

Damp ,miserable,raining,windy,cold and low cloud!!:arghh:

I've never seen weather like this in March!

Normally our Autumns are beautiful with some lovely dry and sunny days.

Has the entire world gone mad???

Hope this is not it until spring!!!:eek:

Guest Adelaide_bound

Is it poor taste to say it was a very very lovely very very warm spring day here in the W midlands today (a rarity!) with highs of 16 :D I actually had to take my cardi off at one point! :o

Of course, hopefully 16 will feel positively chilly not boiling hot someday soon :biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
Is it poor taste to say it was a very very lovely very very warm spring day here in the W midlands today (a rarity!) with highs of 16 :D I actually had to take my cardi off at one point! :o

Of course, hopefully 16 will feel positively chilly not boiling hot someday soon :biglaugh:

:biglaugh:

16c here is very different to yours for some reason!!!

Not bad when we have those lovely dry and sunny winter days..

You enjoy the weather there, the UK seems to have not had it's fair share of good stuff over the last few years.

Blooming heck!!!

It's like back in the UK here today!!

Damp ,miserable,raining,windy,cold and low cloud!!:arghh:

I've never seen weather like this in March!

Normally our Autumns are beautiful with some lovely dry and sunny days.

Has the entire world gone mad???

Hope this is not it until spring!!!:eek:

We flipped the world when you were asleep to give you a taste of England :biglaugh:attachment.php?attachmentid=1568&stc=1&d=1300832462

Guest Guest75
lol it is a very chilly 18c here in adelaide today, but there is a strong wing and heavy rain. Not a nice day for washing on the line :-(

No fishing for me !!

Getting very grumpy now - I need a fix!!!!:arghh::arghh::jimlad:

It is hideously horrible out there but didn't stop me from walking Danny our greyhound after kindy drop off - thank goodness we both had waterproof coats!

I'd forgotten how dark it gets here when the heavy rains come and hope this isn't an early winter setting in. Amazing to think that March 2008 (just two months after our arrival in Adelaide) was when we had the heatwave of 15 consecutive days of over 36 degrees. Well it is the land of extremes so we'd better just like it or lump it I reckon.

That aside I do hope we see that wall to wall sunshine again soon :unsure:

Well, it has only been the last couple of years that we have had warm weather right into April. We are now in a cycle of weather no longer influenced by el ninio so it could be a bit wetter for the next few years, but there will still be plenty of dry sunny days as well. Peronally I love Winter, espesh when it's chucking it outside and windy.......perfect to get the soup cauldren out. Of course this type of weather doesn't mean you stay in doors. As a child in England we went out in all weathers, just coated and wellied up and coming home to a warm fire and winter food was twice as nice. Don't mollycoddle your kids :D

Guest Nick11

. Peronally I love Winter, espesh when it's chucking it outside and windy.......perfect to get the soup cauldren out.

Concrete proof that you need to be a sandwich short of a picnic to be a mod!!! :biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
. Peronally I love Winter, espesh when it's chucking it outside and windy.......perfect to get the soup cauldren out.

Concrete proof that you need to be a sandwich short of a picnic to be a mod!!! :biglaugh:

I don't like winter that much - does that make me normal :goofy::goofy:

Guest Guest75
Weather has been pretty crap since the end of last autumn - seemed like we waited a loonnnggg time for summer to roll around once more... only it didn't! One more person tells me 'we need the rain' and I won't be responsible for my actions :realmad:

Jim

I'm avoiding that temptation!:biglaugh:

At least this blow will stir the fishing grounds up :D

Weather here in North Yorkshire has been around 16c,lovely to feel abit of sun on me bones again after such a harsh winter,its also lovely that its getting a bit lighter on an evening,not dark now till 5.45pm and will be even better at the weekend when the clocks go forward an hour,yipee! What time does it get dark in Adelaide? Hope your weather gets a little warmer for you,please tell the weather Gods that I would like it a little warmer for when I arrive,lol.

Guest Guest75
Weather here in North Yorkshire has been around 16c,lovely to feel abit of sun on me bones again after such a harsh winter,its also lovely that its getting a bit lighter on an evening,not dark now till 5.45 and will be even better at the weekend when the clocks go forward an hour,yipee! What time does it get dark in Adelaide? Hope your weather gets a little warmer for you,please tell the weather Gods that I would like it a little warmer for when I arrive,lol.

It gets dark around 7.30 here now. We never have those long ,light summer nights .The sun goes down very fast here.

Guest Nick11
Hey Jim and Adel......We NEEEEED THE RAINNNNNNNNN :D

and yes Mods must be off their trolley ...but it's not as if it is bitterly cold anyway......so stop being wimps and get out into that weather hahahahahhaahha

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hey Jim and Adel......We NEEEEED THE RAINNNNNNNNN :D

and yes Mods must be off their trolley ...but it's not as if it is bitterly cold anyway......so stop being wimps and get out into that weather hahahahahhaahha

That's done it, I'll now have to find a way to keep you mods busy ... I wonder if I have any PMs to share on the forum? ;)

Jim