Has anyone had a delivery from Next?

Guest scmercer

Guest scmercer

Hi

Just wanted to know if anyone had successfully received an order from Next (UK) recently?

I have tried to order a couple of times and all seems well and then I get an email a few days later saying they are having problems with deliveries to Oz.

I know they did have a trademark problem but it was meant to have been resolved.

Thanks

Sheila

Guest katieb
Hi

Just wanted to know if anyone had successfully received an order from Next (UK) recently?

I have tried to order a couple of times and all seems well and then I get an email a few days later saying they are having problems with deliveries to Oz.

I know they did have a trademark problem but it was meant to have been resolved.

Thanks

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

Yes I have had 2 deliveries so far, the first one before the trademark dispute before Christmas which took ages to come and then another one after the dispute which arrived alot quicker.

Have to say that I am a bit disappointed with the quality of Next products these days, Matalan quality and still Next high prices.

Katie

Guest westie1972

I haven't had an order from Next but I have been ordering from Debenhams. So far they have arrived very quickly and I am really pleased with them. Good quality clothes.

Have to say that I am a bit disappointed with the quality of Next products these days, Matalan quality and still Next high prices.

Katie

I only ever buy kids clothes and homeware from Next and haven't noticed a drop in quality with either of these.

About 2/3rds of son's clothes are Next/Debenhams/M&S/Pumpkin Patch and similar and all of those wear and last far better than the cheaper stuff around. I tried buying cheaper stuff and the threads came loose, became mishapen after a few washes and a few things even faded badly. The only things I buy cheaper are the jeans. Sainsbury's make great ones for half the price and they really do wear well. And some of their tops/jackets are ok also. About the only cheap place I'll buy kids clothes from now.

I buy a fair chunk of my kids clothes on sale the year before. If I had to pay full price for everything I couldn't afford it. But doing it this way means I get about 2/3rds of the clothes on sale and then I just buy the last bits I need when the time comes. I've done this since babyhood and its always worked well. I know once kids get older they like to choose their own clothes so that's fine, but for now buying the year before in the sales works well :cute:

Hi

Thanks

Sheila

Do you have anyone in the UK who could buy them and ship them over to you? They can be collected in store so no delivery charge if the person lives near by. Then post over to you.

Guest scmercer
I only ever buy kids clothes and homeware from Next and haven't noticed a drop in quality with either of these.

About 2/3rds of son's clothes are Next/Debenhams/M&S/Pumpkin Patch and similar and all of those wear and last far better than the cheaper stuff around. I tried buying cheaper stuff and the threads came loose, became mishapen after a few washes and a few things even faded badly. The only things I buy cheaper are the jeans. Sainsbury's make great ones for half the price and they really do wear well. And some of their tops/jackets are ok also. About the only cheap place I'll buy kids clothes from now.

I buy a fair chunk of my kids clothes on sale the year before. If I had to pay full price for everything I couldn't afford it. But doing it this way means I get about 2/3rds of the clothes on sale and then I just buy the last bits I need when the time comes. I've done this since babyhood and its always worked well. I know once kids get older they like to choose their own clothes so that's fine, but for now buying the year before in the sales works well :cute:

I try to do the same. I find the children's clothes here really awful quality and don't last long. I try to get them on sale from Debenhams and M&S as well, even with the delivery it works out cheaper as they last longer!!

Before I came out here I went to the Next sales and bought some many things to ship over here, Oz just doesnt have anything like Next unfortunately!!

Guest scmercer
Hi Sheila,

Yes I have had 2 deliveries so far, the first one before the trademark dispute before Christmas which took ages to come and then another one after the dispute which arrived alot quicker.

Katie

Thanks Katie, now I know they are delivering again I will try and order again. Next still seems cheaper than the price of clothes here, but I know what you mean about the quality, it has been like that for a couple of years.

I try to do the same. I find the children's clothes here really awful quality and don't last long. I try to get them on sale from Debenhams and M&S as well, even with the delivery it works out cheaper as they last longer!!

Before I came out here I went to the Next sales and bought some many things to ship over here, Oz just doesnt have anything like Next unfortunately!!

I found Pumpkin Patch to be the only company over there that I liked. I buy their stuff in the sales. I rarely buy it at full price but sometimes find something in the shops over here. The sizing is ok but I find my son always outgrows it couple of months earlier than the other makes. It seems to be narrower and also a bit shorter in length. Son is 3 in May and he is already grown out of his 2-3 age clothes for a month or so :eek:

I'll probably stock up on a fair chunk of basics before we move over to last son a year or two. I'll hit the online sales and rummage in the racks when I can. I'm used to it and can always find stuff I'll use for our son the following year.

We hope to have another baby before we move over and even if we don't I'll probabbly ship over all my son's outgrown clothes as I am sure my BIL and his wife or someone else will be able to put them to good use. If not I'll maybe have a yard sale of baby and kids clothes for the ex pat Mums :cute: