Guy is slaughtering Adelaide

Guest jasongd

Guest jasongd

Just read the below psot on another Adelaide forum cant get over what he said, Adelaide sounds beautiful,

Any thoughts on it, Too me it sounds like a twisted bitter man.

Here is the post

I have just watched the re-run of WDU with some family going to Adelaide and Nadia banging about 'LIFESTYLE CHANGES' in 'Fantastic Adelaide'...

'HEY, if the outdoors LIFESTYLE' is your passion this is the place for you? If you like mountain biking and Rock climbing in nearby National Parks...?? then this is the LIFESTYLE for you!

Move to Adelaide and you can have a 'Big Leap In LIFESTYLE, because apparently there are 'Plenty of Things to Do .... for children AND parents!! What the..?

AND... it's a Great Place for animal lovers too… because there's a real life dolphin that actually lives in the river..!!

In the Adelaide Hills the properties are spacious and great value and .... you get more for your money... no, you don't Nadia!

But, it you want a LIFESTYLE PACKAGE?? What does that mean?? anyway, it's great for those who LOVE the OUTDOORS... Gosh Nadia, we don’t see the Outdoors here because we live our entire lives inside sheltering from the rain while all the Aussies are out mountain biking and rock climbing, swimming with dolphins and doing... errm… well.. plenty of other things too…. With their children…

but the best thing is… in Adelaide you actually have the 'OCEAN AS YOUR PLAYGROUND'... and here's some more... if you move to Adelaide... You Can CATCH A WAVE!! I can't wait!! especially as 'Money Goes A Lot Further Here’.

What a complete and utter, pile of crap.wacko.gif

That is an old episode. Nadia hasn't presented it for a while now. How recent is this guys post?

TBH that show always oversells any of the cities they visit. They make them all out to sound picture postcard and wonderful and only show the lovely sunny side of things. However, any sane and intelligent person is going to know that is only one side of things :cute:

I think Adelaide is lovely, it has its faults but then so has everywhere else. Its plus points outweigh the negatives hugely for me. But then my plus points are not someone else's. But its not an awful wet city where nothing ever happens. Far from it. But some people are always going to try to overplay their critcal POV. Usually it makes for cartoon like reading I find and I take little notice. I have spent time in Adelaide, know what areas I like, and the things that attract me to it.. And the negatives, well as I said, they are the shorter list by far..

Having a go at a TV show that is old news and that can't answer back, its not my idea of passing my time. Not everyone is going to love Adelaide. Not everyone loves Skegness or London. Let him have his grump on.

Guest moonraker1959

Do you think anyone watching the show would be thinking "Oh hang on,in the UK we don't have rock climbing,dolphins,and whatever else?Surely not!:cute:There's a line I love in a song by Harry Chapin......Sometimes I get this crazy dream,where I just take off in my car,but you can travel on 10,000 miles,and still be where you are!Life is what you make it,where ever you live right?I just spent the afternoon sitting in beautiful warm sunshine,reading a book,glass of wine,am I in SA?No I'm in the UK!:biglaugh:For anyone who is emigrating to SA,or any where else in Australia for that matter,if you are totally convinced this is the right move for you,why be bothered by someone else's view point?

LOL when I read your subject heading I thought Guy Sebastian (he was the winner a few years back on Australian Pop Idol or something) was saying bad things about Adelaide and I was shocked!!! He's an Adelaide boy and is always so nice about the place...

Anyway, yes you can do mountain biking and rock climbing here, and yes there are one or two dolphins in the Port River, and yes there is sea and waves.... so all those things are true. But then they are also true of a lot of other places as well.

Personally I wish these TV programmes would stop telling everyone how nice Adelaide is - for goodness sake, we'd like to keep it a secret please or it will get full! We don't want it to go the same way as all those other Australian cities.....!!!!

LOL when I read your subject heading I thought Guy Sebastian (he was the winner a few years back on Australian Pop Idol or something) was saying bad things about Adelaide and I was shocked!!! He's an Adelaide boy and is always so nice about the place...

Anyway, yes you can do mountain biking and rock climbing here, and yes there are one or two dolphins in the Port River, and yes there is sea and waves.... so all those things are true. But then they are also true of a lot of other places as well.

Personally I wish these TV programmes would stop telling everyone how nice Adelaide is - for goodness sake, we'd like to keep it a secret please or it will get full! We don't want it to go the same way as all those other Australian cities.....!!!!

Bang on Diane. Ssssshhhh please everyone stop bigging up Adelaide as we're all happy to play the 'big town' and not become as brash and overcrowded as the other big cities.

BTW, we brought over two adult son's who we hardly see as they have such a great social life and ours ain't bad either. :D

If that's all he's written I don't think he slaughtering Adelaide. He's disagreeing with the distorted picture that WDU puts across - not sure that makes him twisted and bitter!

Adelaide is nice and has its charms, but so do lots of places. Certainly you can mountain bike here, and rock climb, and even 'catch a wave', but were I seriously into these things Adelaide wouldn't be the first place I'd think of (btw, if wave catching is code for surfing, then IMHO SA doesn't compare to NSW, WA or QLD).

Jim

Guest cornish Busdriver

Thats just one persons opinion and there entitled to it.

Personaly i love adelaide and the great outdoor lifestyle and watching dolfins from down on the beach, seeing Kanga's when im driving around the hills and even rescuded a Koala the other day.

Theres loads here to do if people get off there bums and go out lol lol lol

Guest Guest75
Ha, what a numpty........i put my reply in the wrong section; please see Migration issues..................

Give us a shout if ya want it moving :cute:

BTW the "Guy" forgot to mention the great fishing :biglaugh: