Oh Dear!Out they come again.

sueoc

Guest Guest75

Too right!

It is soooooo early this year to be cold!!!:eek::eek:

Fortunately it looks to be warming up again next week.

Must admit I've been eyeing the "not going" wood burner tonight.

:cute:

Guest littlem

Making me feel chilly, brrrrr!

Whilst we are in the UK is it worth getting a couple of heaters to ship? Any ideas? electric or oil rads or are they cheap enough to buy over there.

John already thinks i am mad as i have said i am taking 4 electric blankets with me. Ive got loads of fleecy blankets coming too :-) I dont like the cold!

Guest The Waite Family

Getting a bit worried :shocked:

Shall I not bother bringing any bikinis and fill my case with jumpers?

Absolutely confused as to what to bring to wear when we come on April 25th:

Uggs / Flip Flops

T Shirts / Jumpers

Shorts / Trousers

Sun Cream / Brolly

Bikini / Coat

Any advice greatly appreciated and if you can make sure it's going to be hot that would be great :D

Guest Guest75

Yep!

To anyone unfamiliar with SA - it gets cold in winter here!

Not the miserable ,cloudy and depressing stuff you have for a long period in the UK.

But we have all 4 seasons here. The sense of change is nice during the year.

We succumbed to an electric blanket a couple of years ago. Best thing we ever did.

You wear layers here.

Winter days can be nice and sunny,in fact you can still get a tan. The evening can be quite chilly though.

It's not warm all year round!! - Just thought I'd point that out!

Most days in winter you can be out and about though.

Electric fan heaters and oil rads are here at reasonable prices - but they absolutely chew through the expensive electricity here.

A lot of houses have reverse cycle heating/ cooling which is hot or cold air.

Some have this with gas.

We have this but also have a lovely log fire in the centre of the house. Makes for a lovely cosy evening.:D

Guest Adelaide_bound

If it makes anyone out there feel better, we just got our elec/gas bill for the last 3 months - for a small house with two people who like to put a jumper on rather than turn the heating on (apart from when we had constant snow and two baby new kittens in the house for a couple of weeks, and even then we were economic imho) and it's £600 :eek::arghh::chatterbox:

And the prices are going up again as well apparently for our next bill. :cry:

Think we will sit in darkness for the next few months (heating has been turned off for good now, has been for the last two weeks. Grump grump).

The main aspect is that the houses over here are just not built for the cold. We live in a house which has loads of glass and therefore suffer even more with the cold nights. Quite often it appears colder inside the house then outside.

Would love the option of central heating for the winter months..........I've heard the pipes couldn't cope with the SA water - not sure how true that is.

Bring all of your jumpers and blankets although put them away with a smile when spring arrives.