Does it get any better?

Damms

Walking the dog along the beach from Port Noarlunga South to Moana yesterday afternoon and saw 3 separate pods of dolphins, all surfing into shore on the waves, :D

my dog decided to go for his usual swim and found himself nose to nose with a very inquisitive dolphin, :eek: we sat for 2 hours watching the dolphins play around, some came in so close I was worried they would beach themselves!!!

The only downside was I didn’t have my camera…..

How luck are we to live in such a beautiful place!!! Put a smile on my face for the whole day :o

Kim

Guest Damien
I have yet to see them off my local beach down at the Port Noarlunga, only ever seen them on the cruise up at Port Adelaide :-(

Soon will be whale season again too... love it!

Just stand on the jetty and look out to sea. I've seen them near the reef almost every time I've popped down for a few squiddlies.

Or come down south, I've got a dolphin stalker who loves my anchor :D

Soon will be whale season again too... love it!

Yep cant wait :D the best place for seeing the whales locally (apart from Victor Harbour) I found last year, was on the cliff walk between Moana and Maslin Beach as your higher up so you have a panoramic view. Saw a few playing around out there just fantastic to see.

Kimx

Guest Cara&Gav

Thanks for such a great post - helps us know what we have to look forward to :-) We are also thinking of settling in Port Noarlunga. How is it pronounced btw is it how is sounds?

Thanks

Cara x

Thanks for such a great post - helps us know what we have to look forward to :-) We are also thinking of settling in Port Noarlunga. How is it pronounced btw is it how is sounds?

Thanks

Cara x

It is pronounced as it is spelt, 'oar' (like the oar of a boat, or 'or'), 'lung' as in what you breathe with, provided you don't have a northern accent! Does that make sense? Some English friends of ours pronounced it in a really weird way once and it took a while to realise where they were talking about!

There are some really weird names here but luckily I've always had my husband to give me the right pronounciation. Just wait till you get to Nooldoonooldoona or Barraranna!!

Guest Mizzmp

I have the beautiful view of the grey sky and pouring rain! Cannot wait to move over to Adelaide. Hoping to get state sponsorship answer in next few weeks before putting in our visa.

You guys are sooooooooo lucky!

Guest Cara&Gav
I have the beautiful view of the grey sky and pouring rain! Cannot wait to move over to Adelaide. Hoping to get state sponsorship answer in next few weeks before putting in our visa.

You guys are sooooooooo lucky!

We've got grey skies and rain too, we are in Worthing West Sussex, wherabouts in Sussex are you?

Cara

Guest Cara&Gav
It is pronounced as it is spelt, 'oar' (like the oar of a boat, or 'or'), 'lung' as in what you breathe with, provided you don't have a northern accent! Does that make sense? Some English friends of ours pronounced it in a really weird way once and it took a while to realise where they were talking about!

There are some really weird names here but luckily I've always had my husband to give me the right pronounciation. Just wait till you get to Nooldoonooldoona or Barraranna!!

Thanks Anne,

I thought it would be a good idea to pronounce the place we are hoping to move to correctly! More simple than I thought. Don't want to attempt those other two place lol we'll have to just point to it on a map or something! lol

Cara

Guest Guest75

It was a good day yesterday:D

We were out in the boat in those calm conditions. The Dolphins were loafing around all day.

Lovely to see them just enjoying themselves.

Had to laugh later though. Had a fairly newly arrived guest on board.

A warning came over the radio saying there was a 5 metre Great White Shark on a spot called Clarries.

I said to my guest guess where Clarries is???

Actually it was 18 K's away away - bit always good to have a bit of fun with new arrivals.

Heard later the shark must have have an itch on their back as they were scratching on the bottom of the boats there.:shocked:

Love the dolphins and the whales. Can't wait for the whales to arrive again. Should be anytime from next month. If you go to Basham's Beach (Port Elliot) on the right day, you can often watch them loafing around close to shore.

I'm an Aussie, so I'm biassed, but I still love the fact that we can often see koala's in the gully next to our house. We have about four that visit quite frequently.

And on a beautiful day like today, who wouldn't be happy! Would be happy for our weather to be like this for a longer period of time.