Having doubts

Guest shellymc

Guest shellymc

HI everyone

Just wondering if anyone feels the same as me, one minute I want to go to oz then the next I dont, its driving me crazy. Keep reading lots of posts bout people returning to the uk because of financial difficulties!!! This is my main concern because I have two young children. My heart says to go then my OH is being the sensible one and is writing figures down all the time so getting so confused. Is there much work for mobile hairdressers? I also want to work in a salon as well because thats what I do in the uk. Any advice would be brill:arghh:

Guest helene73
HI everyone

Just wondering if anyone feels the same as me, one minute I want to go to oz then the next I dont, its driving me crazy. Keep reading lots of posts bout people returning to the uk because of financial difficulties!!! This is my main concern because I have two young children. My heart says to go then my OH is being the sensible one and is writing figures down all the time so getting so confused. Is there much work for mobile hairdressers? I also want to work in a salon as well because thats what I do in the uk. Any advice would be brill:arghh:

Hi I am a hairdresser too, just waiting on my TRA I have e mailed a few hairdressers in Adelaide and have been told to get in touch when I go out and they will see me :)

I know what you mean I am the impulsive one and my hubbie the sensible one too, when he is worrying I just tell him life is too short I don't want to look back and wish what if!!! I believe you just have to go for it and make the best if it, yeah it will be hard having no friends but us hairdressers can talk too and befriend anyone lol and it would be great to befriend people on here too.

Some days I think why do I want to go I have my own salon here and out there I would be starting from the bottom , I have great friends too but we all have our own lives and they move on. I think we just get scared about the unknown but if it dose not work out we can always come back to the UK and we won't regret never doing it :) x

Life is to short to worry, I have had all the same feelings but we are leaving an emergency fund so if things turn bad and we want to come home we have the money. I do t want to be sitting here in 10 years time saying if only when I can give it a bloody good go now. I to have two young children 9 and 3 And I have throught about 15 years time when they want to buy a house or go to uni or even just a car what would they be able to afford. I can afford to take my babies to a country that will help them more and give them a better life style. Hope this help

It's a life changing decision and for everyone person that comes home, hundreds more stay and love it xx

Guest gymnast11

hi shellymc

u go for it, im a hairdresser too, with three children, and yes im terrified but i know deep down this country has nothing for us to stay, only family and friends, staying in england scares me more, for our children and the next generation, life is too short, home is were u lay your hat, and mine will be an ozzy one :) take care and im sure u will do the right thing x

Guest shellymc

Hi thanx for the support, I also had my own salon for 7 years and got my teaching qualifications as well. It's just mad that we have to start at the bottom and work our way up again!! I've been hairdressing for 24 years so it seems a bit crazy. I'm waiting for my TRA should here any day now it's been 6 weeks. Good luck with urs hun

Hi I am a hairdresser too, just waiting on my TRA I have e mailed a few hairdressers in Adelaide and have been told to get in touch when I go out and they will see me :)

I know what you mean I am the impulsive one and my hubbie the sensible one too, when he is worrying I just tell him life is too short I don't want to look back and wish what if!!! I believe you just have to go for it and make the best if it, yeah it will be hard having no friends but us hairdressers can talk too and befriend anyone lol and it would be great to befriend people on here too.

Some days I think why do I want to go I have my own salon here and out there I would be starting from the bottom , I have great friends too but we all have our own lives and they move on. I think we just get scared about the unknown but if it dose not work out we can always come back to the UK and we won't regret never doing it :) x

Guest Angie12

I totally agree with Sharon :D this is what we're doing , we're going with every intention to make this work for our boys and going to give our all as we sooo don't want to come back , its not the life style we want for our boys :cool:

You don't know untill you try !!

Yes of course your going to have doubts , but don't we all :biglaugh:

Guest Amanda12

Hi

Absolutely feel the same. Major swings between wanting to go and then thinking we are absurd to be talking about it. Our lives are great here, I think if they weren't it would be easier.

I keep reading the threads on here to try and understand how people feel when things don't go well. They often make me cry (lol) but I think I need to understand what's in store for us if we go.

As the posts say, life is too short and I don't want to look back at the end and have regrets.

Good luck with your decision making. :)

Hi Guys

it is so natural to feel this way, its such a big decision I would be worried if you didn't. We felt exactly the same when making the move 4 years ago. You will miss family and friends BUT with time it gets easier and you will make new friends. We love it here but it hasnt been plain sailing. It take time and hard work to make the new start but I have never regretted it. My little girl just loves it here. Its the best thing we could have done for her.

I know a hairdresser who has come over, he opened a salon himself almost straight away and has 2 girls working with him (both self employed) they are really busy as they are very good hairdressers. WE NEED MORE GOOD ONES !!!!

Things are different here less commercial and the kids seem to stay kids for longer, you have to give it a couple of years to really settle and make good friends, as people will come and go, but the kids seem to settle very quickly.

I think if you have this great opportunity you have to take it and give it a good go!!!

Good luck

Kimx

Guest mlissiman
Hi Guys

it is so natural to feel this way, its such a big decision I would be worried if you didn't. We felt exactly the same when making the move 4 years ago. You will miss family and friends BUT with time it gets easier and you will make new friends. We love it here but it hasnt been plain sailing. It take time and hard work to make the new start but I have never regretted it. My little girl just loves it here. Its the best thing we could have done for her.

I know a hairdresser who has come over, he opened a salon himself almost straight away and has 2 girls working with him (both self employed) they are really busy as they are very good hairdressers. WE NEED MORE GOOD ONES !!!!

Things are different here less commercial and the kids seem to stay kids for longer, you have to give it a couple of years to really settle and make good friends, as people will come and go, but the kids seem to settle very quickly.

I think if you have this great opportunity you have to take it and give it a good go!!!

Good luck

Kimx

I totally agree with this comment. We have been here almost 3 years now and have noticed that things are not as materialistic as they are in England. The kids are kids for longer which personally, I think is great.

We came with the view that even if it did'nt work out we'd stay for at least 2 years to say that we gave it a good go.

It is a brave and scary decision to do.

Good luck

I totally agree with this comment. We have been here almost 3 years now and have noticed that things are not as materialistic as they are in England. The kids are kids for longer which personally, I think is great.

We came with the view that even if it did'nt work out we'd stay for at least 2 years to say that we gave it a good go.

It is a brave and scary decision to do.

Good luck

YES :notworthy:

HG

Guest MrsHills

Its a massive decision and everyone is different, we are so glad we came here, especially for our boy! We did say that no matter how hard things got we would give it five years. That way we could get all our citizenships etc and therefore if we did go to UK and hate it we could come back at any time. We have been here over six years, never been back and are planning our first visit this year!

COME ON DOWN!!!!

I do t want to be sitting here in 10 years time saying if only when I can give it a bloody good go now. I to have two young children 9 and 3 And I have throught about 15 years time when they want to buy a house or go to uni or even just a car what would they be able to afford. I can afford to take my babies to a country that will help them more and give them a better life style.

Whilst many of us come here to give our children a better lifestyle, at the moment Australia is no better (probably worse) than the UK for affordable housing. First time buyers are really struggling here. The grass isn't always greener...

First home buyers may 'strike' to push down prices | News.com.au

Australian property prices 'a disgrace' | News.com.au

House prices 'too high for cops, teachers' | News.com.au

Shock rise in mortgage default cases | News.com.au

Guest Guest3980

Adelaide may be a great place to bring up kids but leave them here for any length of time and they will forever be playing catchup with the rest of the world...Id rather have them chav dodging in London than living in Glen Elg, the epicentre of good times with its 1 street. Adelaide = Eastbourne in 1980 but more isolated.

I think Adelaide would be an excellent place to retire though.

My flights booked and I cant wait to get home, the Aussies can keep their chip on the shoulder, backward attitudes.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you make the right decision for you and your family.

Guest helene73
Hi Guys

Good luck

Kimx

Hi Kimx what salon dose your friend have? X

Guest shellymc

Thanx guys for all your comments. Is it really that expensive over there? Ive just done my weekly shop in the uk and things are going up here rapidly!! Just worried bout work and we will probably have about £20,000 in cash, will that be enough to survive. All these questions going round in my head lol

Hi, I know exactly how you feel...some days i cant wait to get the visa and book the flights...other days i think OMG are we mad..we have a decent life here, money to spare, friends and family and we will land with no friends or family, no jobs, etc but I believe that if we dont do it we will never be able to know if Australia was the right place for us to be...am really hoping it is but hey if i isnt we come back to the UK. it is definately an emotional rollercoaster, and im sure the ride will get more scarey as it goes on!!

Sarah

Guest shellymc

Hi sarah, Its a very emotional time don't u think lol. I'm going to be totally stressed out before I have even got there hehe. I think if one of us had a job to go to then I will feel a lot better. We have an ok life in the UK but have to work long hours. I know we will have to do the same in Oz but at least it won't cost a fortune to do anything!!!

Shelly