Is emigrating all everyone talks to you about?

Guest helene73

Guest helene73

Is emigrating the only subject people talk to you about?

I am thinking of producing a weekly news sheet!!!

I have the same conversation at least 10+ times a day with my clients and then everyone else's ask, it's nice that they are interested but it get boring for me and my poor staff lol

How do you deal with this? :) x

Guest teamV

I have the same conversation at least 10+ times a day with my clients and then everyone else's ask, it's nice that they are interested but it get boring for me and my poor staff lol

Weve not told anyone incase we don't get the visa ,so keeping it in is very hard ,we employ people so don't want to panic them if it dosn't all go to plan.

We've not really told many people. Only the family back in Aus and a few of my family over here. We'll just tell everyone once we've booked our flights and so on. If it comes up in conversation before then its fine, we don't tend to tell people our plans per se but its certainly no secret.

I find it easier this way. Just get on with life here for now and be able to enjoy it without the feeling everyone else is counting down the days for me. Its kind of an added pressure I find, once more people know. Like an expectation and I don't want it to take over as our life is still here and we very much want to live it without getting distracted.

Yep,

I think I get asked every day about it, even by patients and relatives who I have never spoken to before! Must be boring gossip month at my hospital! I could do without my manager asking when I'm resigning every day ( my replacement has already started!) as I have no day yet just vaguely aiming for July!

Gill x

Guest helene73
Yep,

I think I get asked every day about it, even by patients and relatives who I have never spoken to before! Must be boring gossip month at my hospital! I could do without my manager asking when I'm resigning every day ( my replacement has already started!) as I have no day yet just vaguely aiming for July!

Gill x

I feel for you, I told my staff, one of them is going to buy my business :) and only a select few but it soon got around! Now it feels like I am on loop with conversations maybe I should consider recording something each day and when I get asked just play it to them!! Lol

Didn't help that I had to ask 12 clients to sign declarations to prove my work history and self employed status for my TRA,

Everyone seems to think you apply for a visa and you will be gone in a few months lmao I wish it was that simple and I am sure everyone else dose too.

Good luck with your plans :) x

Guest harrison clan

It's the only subject I want to talk about!! :biglaugh:

There are only 2 people that know what we are doing, I've told my best mate and hubby's told his mate he works with - he wrote the reference for the TRA. It is so hard saying nothing, especially to my sister but until we have our visa app in there's no point, plus like you I couldn't be doing with all the questions :nah:

Guest helene73
It's the only subject I want to talk about!! :biglaugh:

There are only 2 people that know what we are doing, I've told my best mate and hubby's told his mate he works with - he wrote the reference for the TRA. It is so hard saying nothing, especially to my sister but until we have our visa app in there's no point, plus like you I couldn't be doing with all the questions :nah:

I wish I had kept me mouth shut now lol :) x

Guest harrison clan
I wish I had kept me mouth shut now lol :) x

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :biglaugh:

To be honest, I think the main reason we've managed to not say anything to anyone is that we've got a 6 & 3 year old and there is no way we are telling them until we have something definite to tell them. It's not fair to them. So the last thing we need is someone else saying something to them! I think if we didn't have kids we'd have blabbed way before now lol

Guest helene73
Hindsight is a wonderful thing :biglaugh:

To be honest, I think the main reason we've managed to not say anything to anyone is that we've got a 6 & 3 year old and there is no way we are telling them until we have something definite to tell them. It's not fair to them. So the last thing we need is someone else saying something to them! I think if we didn't have kids we'd have blabbed way before now lol

Lmao :)))) x

Guest helene73
I'm the opposite I have told everyone and anyone. Plus it cheers my day up talking about the life a dream about living.

Live the dream.

Very true :) I am hoping they all get bored now I have explained what a long winded process it is, then I can day dream in peace x

My work were really good they even let me have 8 weeks oct/nov time off full paid....when my mrs smashed her knee up....that was after they were told that i was in the final stages of getting our VISA, i know some people have had a hard time of it....and some people just want to tell the world.

Its a huge thing to do, and alot of people are very inquisitive as to why your doing it.....

HG

Guest Guest75
Weve not told anyone incase we don't get the visa ,so keeping it in is very hard ,we employ people so don't want to panic them if it dosn't all go to plan.

This was us as well.Best thing

Not even told the estate agent.

Told family a couple of months to our move.

Staff were suspicious after our regular holidays to Oz.

We ensured we sold our business to someone who guaranteed to keep the staff on.

Stabbed in the back though:eek:

Guest helene73
This was us as well.Best thing

Not even told the estate agent.

Told family a couple of months to our move.

Staff were suspicious after our regular holidays to Oz.

We ensured we sold our business to someone who guaranteed to keep the staff on.

Stabbed in the back though:eek:

Oh my what happened? X

Guest helene73
My work were really good they even let me have 8 weeks oct/nov time off full paid....when my mrs smashed her knee up....that was after they were told that i was in the final stages of getting our VISA, i know some people have had a hard time of it....and some people just want to tell the world.

Its a huge thing to do, and alot of people are very inquisitive as to why your doing it.....

HG

That was really nice of them :) x

Guest Guest75
Oh my what happened? X

It's a long story and I have to be careful what I say in public..Tell you this, it's the last time I'll ever put myself out like that. People panic ,self preservation kicks in.

Suddenly on announcement of our sale 30% of our staff left, leaving us working every hour.

Worst was a manager left who was nearly "family", he'd actually gone to work for the prospective buyer! Perhaps a plan to weaken my position?

We ended up trying to work 8 days in the week:arghh:

Guest helene73

Omg that's horrible :)

I have a back up plan if all falls through, just eBay all the stock and salon contents Evan if I only got the cash I put in to start with I will be happy with that :) x

Hi ya,

We started the ball rolling Jan 2010 and only mentioned it to our parents - mixed feelings there! In Jan 2011 we lodged our application and it was approved last 20 March, so only now have we began talking about it in 'real' terms. Although we do have a 6 year old so unitl things are a lot clearer we are not keen to upset her (she so doesn't want to leave her grandparents!). I'm not relishing having to deal with the fall out once we tell her we're off.

I agree ...... definetly scary x

Guest helene73
Hi ya,

We started the ball rolling Jan 2010 and only mentioned it to our parents - mixed feelings there! In Jan 2011 we lodged our application and it was approved last 20 March, so only now have we began talking about it in 'real' terms. Although we do have a 6 year old so unitl things are a lot clearer we are not keen to upset her (she so doesn't want to leave her grandparents!). I'm not relishing having to deal with the fall out once we tell her we're off.

I agree ...... definetly scary x

Awwww that's a tough one, glad I don't have kids just a demented mother in law to deal with who will once again make life hell, tell ya can't wait to be over 10,000 miles away from her :) oh the peace ;) x

Guest leeannekays

We got the ball rolling after a holiday to oz in December 09, started Vetassess app last year. Lodged SS March 2011, I try to tell bits to my mum but its almost "not up for discussion". My dad has been great, he says he wants to hear about everything. Im not sure when it will be up for discussion with my mum. hmmm

Guest helene73
We got the ball rolling after a holiday to oz in December 09, started Vetassess app last year. Lodged SS March 2011, I try to tell bits to my mum but its almost "not up for discussion". My dad has been great, he says he wants to hear about everything. Im not sure when it will be up for discussion with my mum. hmmm

Family's eh why can't they just be happy that we want to do something with our lives, they have had their chance!!! I aren't close to my mum or the MIL if I never saw her again it would be too soon!!! At the end of the day we don't know how life in oz will pan out it may not be forever (hope it is) and it's only a day away. Good luck with dealing with the family :) x

Guest leeannekays
Family's eh why can't they just be happy that we want to do something with our lives, they have had their chance!!! I aren't close to my mum or the MIL if I never saw her again it would be too soon!!! At the end of the day we don't know how life in oz will pan out it may not be forever (hope it is) and it's only a day away. Good luck with dealing with the family :) x

Thank you, I just think whats best for me, my OH and our 2 children. I know we will regret it if we dont try the move. (i do think we will be very happy). My mum did exactly what she wanted with her life and didnt consider us so that keeps me going strong.

Were not really talking about it to friends etc either. Guna wait until we hopefully get the visa and our flights are booked.!;)

Its the old story of choose your friends but you cnt choose your family....we have been very lucky and had very very supportive family whom are totally behind what we are doing and se why we have done it.

Some friends were a bit offish especially work ones, you know the " why you going there ? "

" You will never go " " you will be back before you know it " etc etc.

Hey were here nearly 3 years in and its great.

HG