Where to buy a drum kit?

Guest Janine3979

Guest Janine3979

My son has been having lessons for a couple of months now and we have said we will match what he saves for a drum kit. We have found decent sized drum kits for around $500 so it looks like it's going to take a while!

I just wondered if anyone knows of somewhere we may be able to get one cheaper or if anyone had a second hand one that they wanted to sell on?

Try checking out the Trading Post, or your local Messenger paper, or local noticeboards for 2nd hand kits. Cash Converters is ok, but usually a bit pricey for 2nd hand. For new try Billy Hyde in Waymouth Street, City, or Derringers in Leader Street, Forestville (by the showgrounds).

If you don't think you'll be able to stand the noise, lol, you can get entry level basic electronic kits from around $500.

Sharon ....... who has been listening to hubby and granddaughter playing drums all morning!

Guest Buttons

I would also consider the neighbours when you buy a drum kit and soundproof the room that the drums are going to be used in. Nobody else wants to hear your child learning to play the drums.

I would also consider the neighbours when you buy a drum kit and soundproof the room that the drums are going to be used in. Nobody else wants to hear your child learning to play the drums.

Don't move near us then .... with one drum kit, nineteen guitars, at least five amps, and keyboards in our house it gets a bit noisy! And two neighbours also play drums ....... gotta love musical creativity :)

My son has been having lessons for a couple of months now and we have said we will match what he saves for a drum kit. We have found decent sized drum kits for around $500 so it looks like it's going to take a while!

I just wondered if anyone knows of somewhere we may be able to get one cheaper or if anyone had a second hand one that they wanted to sell on?

Hey Guys,

My son recieved a set of electric drums for xmas last year.

Best place Billy Hyde & Allens music, they have just merged they are in Waymouth st adelaide city

They have an enormous collection.

The best thing about electric drums is the fact that they are neighbour friendly and they can still be played with speakers. A best buy.

Guest The Broadheads

Hiya guys, you seem up on the drum sitch so hopefully you can help. My daughter is desperate to learn to play. I would really appreciate any recommendations for teachers for lesssons.

Nicola x

Guest Janine3979

Hi,

My son has drum lessons at school, I think most schools have a least contacts for music lessons in the local area.

We are north of Adelaide but if you want the contact details for my sons drum teacher just PM me.

And thanks everyone for the suggestions I'm currently looking into them all.:notworthy: