Marks and Spencers

Guest Rob and Clare

Guest Rob and Clare

Found a website today whilst browsing, instead of working ;)and they offer Marks and Spencers food and clothes to Australia. Haven't tried it yet, but will give them a go after christmas, those chocolate cornflake cakes are pretty good. :jiggy:

http://www.britsuperstore.com/

Maybe if someone has used them they could say if they're anygood.

We've used the British corner shop once as a treat and they were great, just a bit expensive, worth it as a treat.

Cheers

Rob and Clare

Guest thecartwrights

Hi Clare

I think you and Rob should buy some m&s cakes and forward them onto your friend;) then you need to find NEXT!!!!!!!! who will deliver to Oz

See you tomorrow night :)

Sarah xx

Guest thecartwrights

Hi Paul

Did actually contact NEXT before we left uk, as we used to live in the village next to their head office in Oadby, and quite a few of my friends work there (oh god i miss the staff discount days :arghh:) ....................anyway, they basically said NO!!!! but always worth another shot i suppose as that was over a year ago. If you end up in the north when you get over here drop me a pm and we can chat about it over a cold beer.

Sarah & John

Guest dglamoore

Used to shop in Next all the time but can honestly say do not miss it here - too much to do to worry about shopping here and after a while you just go with the flow and turn aussie anyway :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Lisa:cute:

Guest thecartwrights
:huh:And there was me thinking that we were leaving the uk to start a new life with new experiences.......!!!!!!!!!Cheers Graham

If you did in fact shop in NEXT in the uk, then when you get over here you will notice a difference in the quality of clothes - especially if you have never been to Adelaide before! :huh:

Guest Rob and Clare

Have to agree with Sarah, there are some decent stores here, but they aren't as good, or as consistent as most of the UK stores.

I know Aussies here who go on shopping trips to the UK to get next clothes for their kids as they're better quality and cheaper. As Paul suggested earlier, someone one day will make a lot of money importing in stuff from the UK.

As for experiences, you'll go to the V8 supercars, watch AFL, maybe basketball, cheer on Adelaide Utd, maybe buy a boat at the boat show in Hindmarsh island, listen to traffic reports that talk about sharks in the bay or a drunk man on Grand Junction Road (as it did this morning). and 100's of others.... Don't think wanting to get a decent pair of trousers you know will fit makes you any less settled.

Guest graandjac

;)When we came out in oct jac the BIG shopper spent a few of our rainy days shopping and after hearing about the quality of the clothes said she was quite surprised as to the selection that was was there, and as far as iam concerned if the clothes are not up to standard then jac wont be shopping as much:biglaugh:which cant be a bad thing.

And if all of us are in the same clothes then no one is going to look out of place.

Cheers Graham

Guest theshearers

We've got friends over from SA at the mo and when we took them into Exeter last week they spend about $1000AUD between Debenhams and Next on them and the two kids!!

So if you are in Victor Harbour at any point in January and see a couple and two kids head toe in Next, Junior J and John Rocha that'll probably be them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel that maybe there may be a rather significant excess bagagge charge on the way home as they still have two weeks left here!!!!!

Vicki

Guest salisbury massive

you soon get used to the shopping here, especially when you don't have any choice in the matter. As to Next, went back to the Uk in October and couldn't wait to get into the place, was sorely disappointed, I spent most of my birthday vouchers on things for the kids, nothing appealed to me in the adult section, I came away with 3 items.

you can't help missing the stuff you leave behind when you can't get it, but after 2 1/2 years being here, theres not much I can honestly say I miss now.

Jo

Sooo glad I read thid thread!

Every Next sale I stock up on lots of next clothes for my little boy and I wasn't going to bother this year as we hope to be in Adelaide in the new year, but think I will buy even more this sale (maybe buy sizes til his 16) and ship them with us.

:idea: idea- could just buy every thing in sale all the sizes put them in our container then flog the to you lot! ha ha.

Tina x