Which pool company?

carryon

Guest Nick11
Swings and rounder bouts. My recollection is freedom can be hit and miss, the contractors are sometimes notthe best. Just what I was told when we were considering,,,

Definately...heard a few horror stories..their after sales sevice is the subject of many a bbq!!!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

From everyone I have met who has put in a pool, the only company I have heard to have put in a pool with NO COMPLAINTS twice is Freeform,

Weve had 2 pools installed since weve been here, one concrete by freedom, had a few issues but overall the experience was ok. But would not have a concrete pool again, the other more recently was fitted by Statewide pools. the pool installation was no problems what so ever and very good price, but did experience problems with their contractors for copings, and delays in the solar installation so we ended up going direct to Helios for the solar fantastic system and great service. went to an independent paver company called SA-Von Paving Tel: 0414801709 just couldnt fault the service they really did a great job and even took up some of our old pavers and fixed them at no extra charge would highly recommend them real old school quality service.

We had a pool installed by Freedom.Very happy with all sub contractors ( quick ,effecient and an eye for detail ) and overall a pretty painless experience compared to friends who have had pools installed. Be aware though of extra charges for removing grass, traffic control if needed and time frame of crane hire.

Guest difflock13

can you not put in a pool yourself out in aus???

im always doing stuff like that my gf says i get bored if i have a day or 2 off so i start messing about with things;)

• 4 months later...
Guest Andy1963au

A friend of mine had a pool fitted by Freedom and the instalation process was painless, but when they had a problem with the pool cracking they didn't want to know

Well its all in now, We choose Freedom, who i thought were great, done a fine job, had hole dug and pool in ground in one day, everything went like clockwork, we've just done the fence ourselves( Thanks Guys). Thus far no problems whatsoever!!!! Just wanna get in the bloody thing now!!

Simon(Roll on those hot days).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all,

Not posted on here for a while although I do pop in and read how people are getting on.

I know this is an older thread but we are in the midst of getting pool quotes and wondered if anyone had any further bad experiences or recommendations. We have been to see Riverina Pools, Freedom pools and Summertime pools and today went to Statewide pools at Lonsdale just to add to the confusion. :unsure:

Riverina seemed to be talking in the "too hard basket" sales pitch so gut feeling no. I had heard grumbles about Freedom (mainly after install and rectifying if any issues at all) before we started looking so was a bit wary, but the guy seemed friendly and informative when we went for the day trip all the way up north lolx but both these companies seemed to slate the opponents pump makes though.

Summertime pool guy did say that he was in the slightly higher $$ bracket but the quote is about parr give or take and they use one guy for installation (foreman) and didn't slate any products.

Today we went to Statewide pools who say they will beat any like for like quote. anyone got any insight in who to choose.

Any comments will be helpful

Thanks

Kath

Edited by kjc79

• 1 month later...
Guest johhny n jules

Defiantly would not choose Statewide Pools, once money was handed over on delivery it was very difficult to get any service from them, last 3 years since it has been installed it has never been finished and has had structural problems, equipment failures, installation was installed on the wrong angle, also it was installed too deep (which needed to be filled in with a truck load of blue metal) pool has since sunk since then 10cm at one end. Destroying all my paving around it, it has been repaired 3 times already.

Owner does not return my calls, emails or visits currently in court proceedings to have it repaired or just take it away we have had enough.

The Aussie dream of our own pool is a nightmare; the price was cheaper than the other company’s I should have taken that as a warning.

Also their sister company is Northside pools.

:arghh:

Thanks for that. More research and got the same comments re: statewide. Have ended up with summer time pools. Install date a week Monday. So far contact in relation to any questions has been prompt and thorough. Couldn't find any complaints so we'll see. Will soon find out

kath