Flights Booked

Guest hughescl

Guest hughescl

Hi everyone

We have now booked our flights with Singapore airlines leave the UK on 26th June. For the extra allowance they have said we don't need anything from them just turn up with the 40kg and we will automatically get this as we have the visa letter. Bit nervous about doing this and would have liked some confirmation, has anyone lese done this? Thanks Claire:)

Guest hattie

When we came out last month we called SQ a few months pre departure and the person on the phone said she would update it onto our flight booking that we had extra allowance (10kg pp). When we got to the airport the check-in girl said she saw the note of the extra allowance and put all 8 bags through... Give them a call to check it's on your booking reference...

Guest The Dimmocks

We flew with Singapore Airlines and I asked them to send me an e-mail to confirm that we had 40kg of luggage allowance. Had to e-mail copies of our unstamped visa to them and they sent the e-mail. I didnt show it to anyone when we got the airport.

Are you bringing any hand tools over. My hubby brought some over but the weight came out of our allowance. He had a big tool box and this got put in a cage by check-in, was a bit worried we would never see it again as the cage was a fair way from desk, but it arrived with all the other luggage the other end.

All the best with your flight and move over.

Michelle

Enjoy your journey over.

Michelle

Hi,

We came over with Singapore. I'm we didn't have anything in writing (should have printed out to take with us). We were allowed the 40Kg each but had to pay extra for the internal flight from Manchester to London. We went Man to Lon to Sing to Adel. When we arrived at Manchester airport at 6am they couldn't find a record of us paying the extra for the internal flight and were going to charge us a ridiculous amount for each kg we were over the 20kg. We were at the check in desk with 2 tired under 5's for over an hour. If it is not stressful enough leaving your home and friends this is not what you need at this point. We tried to call the Flight centre but they don't open until 9am. Eventually I think they just felt sorry for us and let us on without paying any more.

Long story short. Make sure you get it in writing, make sure you print it and take it with you and make sure you are covered for any internal flights in between.

There are so many things to think of, I hope this helps, good luck.

Mel

Guest hughescl
When we came out last month we called SQ a few months pre departure and the person on the phone said she would update it onto our flight booking that we had extra allowance (10kg pp). When we got to the airport the check-in girl said she saw the note of the extra allowance and put all 8 bags through... Give them a call to check it's on your booking reference...

Thanks, I spoke with them this morning and they said that they do not put anything on the booking, which I thought was a bit strange. I'm going to email them later so at least I get a reposnse in writing Claire:)

Guest hughescl
We flew with Singapore Airlines and I asked them to send me an e-mail to confirm that we had 40kg of luggage allowance. Had to e-mail copies of our unstamped visa to them and they sent the e-mail. I didnt show it to anyone when we got the airport.

Are you bringing any hand tools over. My hubby brought some over but the weight came out of our allowance. He had a big tool box and this got put in a cage by check-in, was a bit worried we would never see it again as the cage was a fair way from desk, but it arrived with all the other luggage the other end.

Michelle

Enjoy your journey over.

Michelle

Hi

Yes going to bring some hand tools with us I think, do you need to notify them in advance or just turn up with them? getting so excited now Claire:)

Guest hughescl
Hi,

We came over with Singapore. I'm we didn't have anything in writing (should have printed out to take with us). We were allowed the 40Kg each but had to pay extra for the internal flight from Manchester to London. We went Man to Lon to Sing to Adel. When we arrived at Manchester airport at 6am they couldn't find a record of us paying the extra for the internal flight and were going to charge us a ridiculous amount for each kg we were over the 20kg. We were at the check in desk with 2 tired under 5's for over an hour. If it is not stressful enough leaving your home and friends this is not what you need at this point. We tried to call the Flight centre but they don't open until 9am. Eventually I think they just felt sorry for us and let us on without paying any more.

Long story short. Make sure you get it in writing, make sure you print it and take it with you and make sure you are covered for any internal flights in between.

There are so many things to think of, I hope this helps, good luck.

Mel

Thanks going to get something in writing as your post is my worst fear, enough to think of without the extra stress. Thanks for the PM I will be in touch shortly Claire :)

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi, We just mentioned tool box when enquiring about baggage allowance, cant remember what their reply was but all was okay.

Thankfully when we landed we just went straight through customs without stopping, nice lady came and took us out the line and sent us on our way.

I remember the excitment feelings, enjoy your last few months in England.

Michelle

We're travelling with Singapore Airlines in September, I've emailed them with a query about the extra allowance and had an email back stating that we're entitled to it - I've stuck this with my ticket confirmation and will take it the airport with me just in case! :goofy:

Guest hughescl

Michelle

Enjoy your journey over.

Michelle

Hi Michelle

How did you package the tools? I have received an email back from the airline stating that we can take them and it will come off our allowance, but they have said that they need to be packaged. Did you box them? I also have an email confirming the 40kg per person now so will put that with my tickets Many Thanks Claire

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi Claire

They were just in a normal tool box. Justin cleaned them all and made sure no saw dust was in the box. Glad you got your confirmation, even though we didnt show ours to anyone it was nice to know we had it if we had needed it.

Michelle

Guest guest3462

We travelled one way too but via perth and forgot to buy extra allowance on the internal flight with qantas. We were about 40kg over the limit,had 8 bags, a double pram and 2 car seats but we had 2 very cranky kids under 3years who were very tired and jetlagged and I think the woman on the desk felt for us and just let us through - it could have been a very expensive mistake though!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adenick

We had no problems two years ago with Singapore Airlines, showed them our visa in the passport and went straight through! We didnt bring anything with us when we emigrated, just our holdall bags with as much as we could get in there!!

Good luck with all the packing etc!

Nicky Tanner