What a difference a visa grant makes!

Guest littlem

Guest littlem

Hi Everyone, well most of you know we had our visa granted yesterday yipee! With the excitement and relief came another challenge........sorry but its gonna be a long ramble......

We originally applied for our visa in November 2009 with WA state sponsorship as an off-list nomination. When the smp came out we were not included but WA continued to negotiate with DIAC to get the off-list applicants cat2. After 2 months of nothing happening we decided to give up and look at our other options and applied to SA. We did loads of research and fell in love with SA and were really pleased to have the oportunity.From this site i feel that i have got to know some really fab people and have felt part of the site. However, we have allways had WA at the back of our minds as we have friends and family there. So when the visa arrived we were suddenly thrown a lifeline as the visa was not state specific and as we have ss for WA and SA we can go to either. Something we didnt know was going to happen. So after a long discussion we have decided to stick with the original plan and we are going to WA. Mandurah to be precise which is regional and about 1 hour out of Perth. It is such a big decision for us but we feel it is the best option for the girls and haveing the support network already there has been a big pull, plus we have been to WA so know what to expect. :D

If everyone is happy i will continue to run the SA SS timeline and the visa lodged timeline till we go as i really want to see it through to the end with you guys. I think i would have gone mad without the support and friendship given on this site, hense why i felt i had to explain why we are no longer coming to SA.

I would also like to keep in touch as i am sure one day we will visit and you never know some of you may visit WA. I wish you all the best getting your state sponsorships and those of you waiting for Case officers and hope you all get your visas and live the dream.

Michelle

x

Guest Guest6899

Well all the best where ever you settle. We originally wanted WA but when the SMP came out they changed the experience to 7yrs so could no longer apply. I have some great friends in WA would hope to join them one day. Its your life Michelle and you do what ever suites you and your family

Good luck in your new adventure.

Lisa

Guest Opportunities

Michelle,

You guys know what is best for your family. I think you were destined to end up to go to WA! It will be great if you stick around on the SA thread, you can't get rid of us that easily...

Have a great weekend!

Karen

x

Guest helene73

Good luck in WA

I originally wanted WA even went out there for a reckie I have friends there too so was very disappointed when I could not go there, I still feel we will flee from SA to WA after 2 years but then again SA looks a amazing place. I suppose I feel like that because I have been to WA and it's familiar and SA is the unknown but I am up for a little adventure and who knows what will happen!!!

Best of luck again and enjoy your new life :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Angie12

Well done to you all :)

Thats fantastic , it doesn't matter where you go , your in oz !!! What could be better ;)

We originally wanted to go to WA, as hubby has family there but after some investigating , i decided that SA was the best place for our family , fingers crossed everyone agrees :biglaugh:

We have never been anywhere in oz so this is our huge adventure !!! :shocked:

Good luck with all the arrangements

Well done to you all :)

Thats fantastic , it doesn't matter where you go , your in oz !!! What could be better ;)

We originally wanted to go to WA, as hubby has family there but after some investigating , i decided that SA was the best place for our family , fingers crossed everyone agrees :biglaugh:

We have never been anywhere in oz so this is our huge adventure !!! :shocked:

Good luck with all the arrangements

Hi angie, I was glad to read that you have never been oz before. We haven't either and we are feeling very nervous. When we mention this to people they think we are mad if considering it. Where a bouts are you and have you had any progress since your meds and police checks x

Guest Guest6899

Hi i have to agree its scarey selling your whole life for somewhere you have never been. We visited Perth in 2008 for 3 weeks and loved it thats why we wanted there. Never been to SA, hoping its simular and will settle and hopefully make friends.

Guest Angie12
Hi angie, I was glad to read that you have never been oz before. We haven't either and we are feeling very nervous. When we mention this to people they think we are mad if considering it. Where a bouts are you and have you had any progress since your meds and police checks x

Hi sharon

We had our visas granted on the 4th April , i'm still thrilled with this and can't wait !!! :cute:

Know what you mean with peoples reactions , i get lots of '' OMG !!! do you know what your doing ?'' , my answer is yes , this is our big adventure and this is something we can all enjoy as a family ;) ( inside i'm as nervous as hell ):shocked:

I'm very positive , this keeps me ploughing through the emotions !! :jiggy:

Guest guest3462

I have a very good friend in mandura she loves it there!! My family all live in Perth so we get to visit at least yearly. All the very best of luck! Blimey you managed to get your visa well before me I think I'm last on the list!! 

Guest helene73
Hi i have to agree its scarey selling your whole life for somewhere you have never been. We visited Perth in 2008 for 3 weeks and loved it thats why we wanted there. Never been to SA, hoping its simular and will settle and hopefully make friends.

Snap I spent 3 weeks there too and I am hoping the same about SA :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk