Travelling to France on Aussie passport....

Diane

.. where do I find out if I need to get a visa to visit France when travelling on an Aussie passport? Only ever visited on a British one before and obviously as part of the EU didn't need a visa then, but sudden panic that I might need one now I've only got a valid Aus passport...???

Guest Pam777

I was also wondering the same. my parents are in Spain and I only have a valid australian passport.

My kids have only valid UK passports as ex hasnt signed forms for them to have Australian ones. Can the kids re enter australia on a UK passport with no visa as they have citizenship?

If I need to go due to parents health I wasn't sure how we'd get on with not each having both pasports organised.

Pam

I have a feeling that once you have citizenship, then effectively your (Australian) visa is cancelled so you have to re-enter Australia on an Australian passport - happened to the son of a friend of ours and he had to organise an aussie one in the UK, involving lots of birth and citizen certs being sent back and forth express registered post!

Definitely worth getting clarification from someone official on this though I'd say, as if you had to fly back for an emergency, it's the last thing you'd want to be worryiing about.

Guest Pam777

Thanks, that is kind of what I thought too.

I have applied for both kids australian passports in October last year! Been trying to get ex husband to sign the forms to allow them to have passports.

I find its strange that they have to have both parents sign the form in the first place and that they havent issued them seen as though their father is in UK and if the kids dont get passports they wont ever be able to visit him.