• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what satnav?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard & Amanda View Post
      Hiya Lisa,
      Can I ask, did you buy the Tom Tom in the UK and buy the maps when over in Oz?
      Or can you download them whilst you are already in UK.

Halfords have some great sale offers on at the moment on satnav's but I don't want to get stung with one that I can't use when we get to Oz. The majority seem to come "Europe" ready and I haven't seen any mention of International usage.

Any advice would be good - I think I have decided on a tomtom rather than any of the others already mentioned.
      We bought the 910 in the uk. We chose this one as it had a hard drive and at the time could just buy and download the aussie maps online. We used it in the UK for a while to get used to it - worth its weight in gold when we got here and started looking for rentals :o Still use it for getting out and about on days out

Ive got the latest Tom Tom that answers my phone and should read me my text messages ( hasn't yet so i will have to look into it ). Brought it here in oz for $700.

3 times
      I brought a Tom Tom when i got to Adelaide works great but like the person said wish it said when the expressway was closed, cant remember how much i paid for it but can find out if you like?
      But would not have found way around without it, loads of people say Adelaide is easy to find way around with street map thats if you can read the map in first place, and anyway i'm the worsed for getting lost then taking it out on the Husband so made a much quiter life.

Salisbury heights
      44 times

sat navs

ive just got one top of the range its called the road atlas you only get lost once then never go back down that road again if your ever planning on using the satnav outback in oz first watch this film WOLF CREEK its a true story/film

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums