A thread for people who have got their visa!

Guest Cara&Gav

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi Everyone,

Even though we haven't got our visa yet, quite a few people have. I thought it would be nice to start a continuation thread as the ss & visa threads have worked so well.

I thought we could just have follow up chat and then we can also stay in touch so we can arrange meet ups easier when we get there.

I am also happy to start a timeline for when people are planning to move out/where their moving to/flights booked etc

eg planning to move: Nov/Dec

area: Port Noarlunga/Glenelg...

Flights booked: Not yet

Just a thought & hopefully someone will find this thread useful anyway! Maybe I'm just getting too into this thread updating thing lol I guess it's keeping me occupied with all the waiting!

Anyway, congratulations to everyone who has their visa :jiggy:

Cara xx

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cara&Gav
Good Idea.

We fly out on Sept 4th from Manchester.

Area Port Noarlunga.

Flights booked.

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for starting the thread off! I'll start a timeline as soon as a few more people have added their details. We are also looking to move to Port Noarlunga, it looks lovely there. Wish we were going in Sept but we can't go til next year as have loads to do on the flat and have to save some more money up.

Have you been there before?

Cara

Planning to fly - 31st August 2011, will book flights as soon as house contracts exchanged!

Going to Seaview Downs - rental arranged by friends already there...huge relief!

though Port Noarlunga seems the in place, might have to rethink!

Wherever we all end up, its great to hear from all on PIA about their experiences!

Sarah

Hi Cara,

Great idea, need a new thread to keep us amused while waiting to move!

planning to move: ?august

area: somewhere from port noarlunga south.

Flights booked: when flat sells, expecting an offer this week ,lets hope its good!

How terrifying/ exciting!!!

Gill and Mal xx

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi Everyone!

Well here goes the first update of the new thread, woo hoo! How exciting this all is. Thanks for contributing to it.

Congratulations everyone on getting your visa's

Cara xx

Flights booked turns purple!

Karyn1

Planning to move: July

Area : Seaford/Port Noarlunga

Flights: Waiting to finalise sale on house first (hopefully next week!)

Malkitek - Gill & Mal

Flights booked: when flat sells, expecting an offer this week ,lets hope its good!

Simon&Sarah

Planning to fly - 31st August 2011, will book flights as soon as house contracts exchanged!

Going to Seaview Downs - rental arranged by friends already there...huge relief!

Trevorpayne

Area Port Noarlunga.

Flights booked.

Sharons Dream

Planning on move : November/ feburary

Area: port noarlunga/ Henley beach

Flights booked: not yet

Still have our house on the market.

Guest abbiedog

hi we are new to the forim and have no clue how it all works and how people chat, please can you advise as you seem to know what yuo are doing. Thanks

visa lodged feb 09

case officer assigned Jan 2011

medicals feb2011

visa granted may 2011

house on market this week!!!

Guest Cara&Gav
hi we are new to the forim and have no clue how it all works and how people chat, please can you advise as you seem to know what yuo are doing. Thanks

visa lodged feb 09

medicals feb2011

visa granted may 2011

Hiya,

Welcome to the forum! I've been on here a while now it's an amazing forum, met so many lovely people on here & helping to keep me sane on this crazy journey!

When you reply to any threads you will get email updates when people reply, you can click on the link and it takes you to it. You'll soon get the hang of it don't worry!

If you reply 'quote post' then it includes the particular message you are replying to if you want to reply to something specific.

If you have any probs or queries just ask, everyone is so friendly on here.

Congrats on getting your visa! I will update your details tomorrow when there are a few more to add.

Cara x

Guest Cara&Gav
No but my mate lives there and says its great infact must people say its great, so just hope they are right.

Good luck with the flat.

We haven't been to Oz at all just throwing ourselves in the deep end lol Couldn't afford a hol and get our visa application in so decided to go for it. Really can't wait, I know we'll love it! Might not stay forever but either way it's going to be an amazing adventure! :)

Can't wait to have meet ups with everyone on here when we get out there too!

I really see every day as a day nearer to going! I went through a little phase of feeling really scared & sad about leaving everyone but at the moment that seems to have gone and I just can't wait! I guess all the emotions will come & go!

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi Everyone! Hope you've all had a good day, a couple of additions to welcome to the thread :-)

Cara x

Flights booked turns purple!

Karyn1

Planning to move: July

Area : Seaford/Port Noarlunga

Flights: Waiting to finalise sale on house first (hopefully next week!)

Malkitek - Gill & Mal

Simon&Sarah

Trevorpayne

Area Port Noarlunga.

Flights booked.

Kimbo

We fly out on 5th Sept from Heathrow

Area : Port Noarlunga/Aldinga

Flights booked:jiggy:

Sharons Dream

Planning on move : November/ feburary

Area: port noarlunga/ Henley beach

Flights booked: not yet

Still have our house on the market.

Abbiedog

visa lodged feb 09

medicals feb2011

visa granted may 2011

Guest Cara&Gav
Look forward to meeting you all.

Phill's picking us up from the airport which is great of him.

Glad there are people over there that we know.

See you all soon.

How lovely to have someone waiting at the airport to pick you up. Have you got a rental sorted for when you get there, are you shipping your stuff out?

We're also really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cara x

Guest libbysmum

This is a great idea for a thread, here's our details

Planning to move: Sometime after August as soon as house sells

Area : Still researching ans creating a shortlist

Flights: Need house to sell first!!!!:SLEEP:

Guest abbiedog

hi we have got our visa, only 2 years of waiting. no where exactly to live. not easy this is it. we would like to be near riding stables but not hvaing much luck finding them, anyone used a good relocation agent please.

jenny(teacher)

patrick(engineer)

Olivia 9

benjamin 7

Guest libbysmum
We haven't been to Oz at all just throwing ourselves in the deep end lol Couldn't afford a hol and get our visa application in so decided to go for it. Really can't wait, I know we'll love it! Might not stay forever but either way it's going to be an amazing adventure! :)

Same as us - never been - a big leap into the unknown! So excited now, just need to get people over the door of my house!!!:arghh:

Guest leemina

We've never been before either, told our neighbour today and he said "take it you've been before?", said "no" then expected the typical.... "oooh you're brave, or dont you think you should try a holiday first" but no, the first thing out of his mouth was "you'll love it!!" Then he began to explain that his brother and wifes sister live out there. It made me sooooo happy.

Guest owenker4

Hi all,

Please add us to the thread............

Flights not booked yet, but hoping to go November 2011

Waiting to sell our house :)

Moving to Gawler Hewett initially and staying with family

thanks