Ouch!!!

Diane

From the 'tiser today, talk about backhanded compliments!

Infrastructure spending in ugly duckling surburbs to drive boom

PORT Noarlunga and Port Adelaide are shaking off their downmarket stigmas and are set to boom.

They tried this in the northern burbs but it didnt work.....:P:notworthy::jiggy:

HG

TBH I can't understand why Port Noarlunga(especially South PN) is regarded as down market.To me it is beautiful.Some of the lovely houses and wide streets there are wonderful,complimented by the Beach and Gulf only a stroll away.Just a bit far out from the City.:)

Guest Guest5035
They tried this in the northern burbs but it didnt work.....:P:notworthy::jiggy:

HG

THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST SUBURBS IN ADELAIDE;)

stevo

Guest Reenz

PORT Noarlunga and Port Adelaide are shaking off their downmarket stigmas and are set to boom.

Call me a cynic, but I reckon this is actually code for:

"the writer of this article has property in these suburbs and is looking to sell them in about 6 months' time when the fervour whipped up by the article results in a mini property boom, thus giving said writer a nice little windfall" ;)

Been hearing the same story about Port Adelaide for 20 years now at least. I'll believe it when I see it!

Can't speak for Port Noarlunga though - outside my territory.

TBH I can't understand why Port Noarlunga(especially South PN) is regarded as down market.To me it is beautiful.Some of the lovely houses and wide streets there are wonderful,complimented by the Beach and Gulf only a stroll away.Just a bit far out from the City.:)

I see the north/south divide works the same way in Adelaide as it does in the UK!:biglaugh:

(speaking as a southerer who plans to settle in the southern suburbs!);)