Quote Originally Posted by jim and adel View Post
Is there racism in Adelaide? Yes, as there is in most (perhaps all) places. Some people go through life not experiencing it or noticing it and others get a hard time because of it (as in most or all places - there's a trend emerging here!)

Anyone coming here thinking they'll never hear a racist comment may well get a nasty shock, but anyone choosing against coming here because they suspect they'll be discriminated against might miss out on moving to a very welcoming place. In short, it rather depends on how well you settle in, how sensitive/resilient you are, how observant you are, how lucky you are in the people you meet and how discerning you are in the people you choose to associate with!

I am half maltese i did live there for 2 yrs 2001/ 2003 i was born inthe uk experianced a little name calling at school and thats about it really never experianced anything in work places and i have worked in the mining industry and transport industry, places where you would expect a little bit . Whilst living in malta i found it hard to get work as i dont speak fluent maltese so i learnt maltese, This i felt was a form of discrimination as all maltese speak english as a second language. I totally agree with your post.