Up date after the SS drama

Guest helene73

Guest helene73

:)Hi guy's after us hairdressers got the boot i have had a chat with my agent and have decided not to jump states, i am going to hang back and wait for the changes in July.

When i started this process SA was not my first choice but the more research i did for the SS the more i came to believe that SA was the place for us and still believe this now, i just pray when the new SMP comes out hairdresser will be on it becouse now if i had a choice of WA or SA my first choice will definately be SA.

You guy's on here have been amazing with all the help and advice and i could'nt have got this far without you. I have made some great new friends and i hope we will be friends for life :)

I am still going to be around i can't wait to hear how everyboby is getting on and i must admit i am slightly addicted to this site since getting it on my phone!!!

Again i just want to say thanks to everyone on here for all the great advice and encouragement and wish you all the best i hope all your dreams come true, mine will just take a little longer but i ain't giving up no way:biglaugh:

Guest karyn1

Hi Helene,

Good to hear you being so positive:) I went through a stage last year of wanting to throw in the towel and make do here :goofy: And look what happened - we got our visa (everything that could have possibly went wrong in the process, did go wrong!), we put our house on the market and sold it after 4 days! Perseverance does pay off!

I have followed your story recently on here and had some good laughs at some of your posts (we have a similar sense of humour, and hatred of mother in laws LOL!), and just wanted to say good luck, and keep at it - you will get there :jiggy:

All the best

Karyn x

Guest helene73
Hi Helene,

Good to hear you being so positive:) I went through a stage last year of wanting to throw in the towel and make do here :goofy: And look what happened - we got our visa (everything that could have possibly went wrong in the process, did go wrong!), we put our house on the market and sold it after 4 days! Perseverance does pay off!

I have followed your story recently on here and had some good laughs at some of your posts (we have a similar sense of humour, and hatred of mother in laws LOL!), and just wanted to say good luck, and keep at it - you will get there :jiggy:

All the best

Karyn x

Awwwww thank you Karyn bit its all you guys that keep me positive by sharing your experiences with everyone.

4 days that's amazing bet that was a shock!!!

I seriously don't know why we didn't think about moving to oz years ago to get away from mother in law!!! Doh if I had to stay here I would consider hiring a hit man with the visa money ;) lmao

I wish you all the luck in the world with your new life (and the MIL) and keep us all updated.

Helene x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:)Hi guy's after us hairdressers got the boot i have had a chat with my agent and have decided not to jump states, i am going to hang back and wait for the changes in July.

When i started this process SA was not my first choice but the more research i did for the SS the more i came to believe that SA was the place for us and still believe this now, i just pray when the new SMP comes out hairdresser will be on it becouse now if i had a choice of WA or SA my first choice will definately be SA.

You guy's on here have been amazing with all the help and advice and i could'nt have got this far without you. I have made some great new friends and i hope we will be friends for life :)

I am still going to be around i can't wait to hear how everyboby is getting on and i must admit i am slightly addicted to this site since getting it on my phone!!!

Again i just want to say thanks to everyone on here for all the great advice and encouragement and wish you all the best i hope all your dreams come true, mine will just take a little longer but i ain't giving up no way:biglaugh:

Excellent atitude and really positive.

No point in jumping states just to get a visa. You have to go where is right for you and your family otherwise it just might not work.

Good luck and im sure it will all come good in the end.

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi,

Sorry you missed the quota this time but well done for having such a positive attitude and I'm sure there will be a quota for hairdressers on the next list and you will be ready to go and get the first place!

Definitely stay on here, I know i haven't spoken to you much but i am on so many threads (and updating two) that I find it hard to keep up but have been reading them all. I also find this site sooo addictive and has made the whole experience a million times better and less scary.

Can't wait for us all to meet on the beach.

Cara xx

Guest helene73
Hi,

Sorry you missed the quota this time but well done for having such a positive attitude and I'm sure there will be a quota for hairdressers on the next list and you will be ready to go and get the first place!

Definitely stay on here, I know i haven't spoken to you much but i am on so many threads (and updating two) that I find it hard to keep up but have been reading them all. I also find this site sooo addictive and has made the whole experience a million times better and less scary.

Can't wait for us all to meet on the beach.

Cara xx

So staying on here Cara I need to know how everyones getting on can't do with out my up dates on my breaks lol I am sure we will have a good chat in the future Cara :)

I would like to thank everyone for there kind words and assure you your not getting rid of me that easily lol :)

Guest helene73
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Damn.....never thought of that Helene, and probably would have been hell of a lot cheaper than the visa!!;) Karyn

We still have time, I am sure we could get it done for a couple of bottles of cheap cider!!!! X

• 2 weeks later...
Guest helene73

Finally got the email yesterday saying I was rejection due to occupational quota filled :(

Oh well not long to wait now, and I have booked myself a holiday :)

Guest SusieOR
Finally got the email yesterday saying I was rejection due to occupational quota filled :(

Oh well not long to wait now, and I have booked myself a holiday :)

You do right... where are you going?

I bet things will move really quickly in July & so I dont think you will be far behind... or maybe even in front of some...

Good Luck Susie x

Guest helene73

Hi susie

How are you? And how's things going for you?

Booked a week in Egypt in august must be off my head!!!! I know it will be too warm it has been when we have been before in June but it will be nice to spend the week snorkelling and chilling.

If all goes well and hairdressers are back on the SMP at least it's all ready and can just re-lodge what we submitted this time and hopefully I will be one of the first ones accepted this time, my visa is ready to lodge so fingers(and everything else) crossed. X

Guest Adelaide_bound

Sorry you missed out this time, but you're 100% right - July is only something like 5 weeks away, so that will flash by before you know it and its bound to be on the SMP still as they say on the employment reports that hairdressing is still a very employable profession etc, they just need to reset the quotas :)

Fingers crossed for you when they reopen everything (well, for everyone really, us included lol), see you down under in no time I'm sure :D

Guest SusieOR
Hi susie

How are you? And how's things going for you?

Booked a week in Egypt in august must be off my head!!!! I know it will be too warm it has been when we have been before in June but it will be nice to spend the week snorkelling and chilling.

If all goes well and hairdressers are back on the SMP at least it's all ready and can just re-lodge what we submitted this time and hopefully I will be one of the first ones accepted this time, my visa is ready to lodge so fingers(and everything else) crossed. X

You are right... it will be roasting in Egypt in Aug... but it will be a lovely & the break will be good too...

& we are all good thanks... just waiting for a case officer... I have booked us in for meds in mid June so I am hoping we will get one before then... also, I am waiting for my new babys passport to arrive & i'm hoping this will be soon because we need to add her to the visa application asap!!!

What we need is... passport to arrive next week, case officer the following week, daughter to be added the week after, & the meds just after that... LOL... do you think it will all work out... ha ha...

If it doesnt I will just have to rearrange the meds! no biggy!

Take Care & enjoy Egypt...

Enjoy :jiggy:

Guest helene73
Sorry you missed out this time, but you're 100% right - July is only something like 5 weeks away, so that will flash by before you know it and its bound to be on the SMP still as they say on the employment reports that hairdressing is still a very employable profession etc, they just need to reset the quotas :)

Fingers crossed for you when they reopen everything (well, for everyone really, us included lol), see you down under in no time I'm sure :D

Did you miss out too?

Your right 5 weeks is nothing and I am just enjoying 5 stress free weeks! We always knew that we were cutting it fine and was prepared for being rejected but reckoned it was worth the gamble! And we are prepared for round 2, the minute the SMP's are out I am in there :) feeling very positive about July now and hopefully we will see everyone on the other side.

Good luck guys :)

Guest helene73
You are right... it will be roasting in Egypt in Aug... but it will be a lovely & the break will be good too...

& we are all good thanks... just waiting for a case officer... I have booked us in for meds in mid June so I am hoping we will get one before then... also, I am waiting for my new babys passport to arrive & i'm hoping this will be soon because we need to add her to the visa application asap!!!

What we need is... passport to arrive next week, case officer the following week, daughter to be added the week after, & the meds just after that... LOL... do you think it will all work out... ha ha...

If it doesnt I will just have to rearrange the meds! no biggy!

Take Care & enjoy Egypt...

Enjoy :jiggy:

Susie I hope it dose work out for you like that, I would be over the moon for you :) one of us needs something to go smoothly and to plan and I hope it's you.

Best of luck I have everything crossed for you :) x

Guest SusieOR
Susie I hope it dose work out for you like that, I would be over the moon for you :) one of us needs something to go smoothly and to plan and I hope it's you.

Best of luck I have everything crossed for you :) x

Thanks hon, we will c u on the other side :)

Guest helene73
Oh Helene, I still had my fingers crossed that it was all a big mistake!!

The countdown to July is definitely on now, so you'll not be far behind us - still not lodged the visa!!!!! At this rate, you'll end up with a visa well before us!!!

Rach xx

Hi Rach

Yeah its just my luck the office numpty didn't process mine and accidentally hit accept!!!!

Well my visa is ready to lodge but I have no SS lol get your butt in gear girl and get it lodged!!!!

Take care and I hope to hear later in the week that you have lodged xoxo